GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to spend the bucks for the factory CB. is there a way to integrate a hand held into the bikes system that will work with my chatter box. Or does anyone have a lead on a inexpensive factory alternative.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The CB issue has been discussed here many time. Some do have some alternatives but the only way I've seen to really integrate the system is to use the Honda CB. Check out Hal's prices, much better than any other I've seen and if you you order during one of his sales it's even cheaper.

·
Registered
105 Posts
No doubt it is possible to integrate another CB into the Goldwing controls. But you'd have to be an electronics expert or pay for one to do it. The cost will quickly escalate way above the price of the Clarion unit.

I have experience in this as I once had a UHF CB grafted into my GL1500. It still works very well but the final cost was three times the shelf price of the UHF and 50% more than the Hondaline CB.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
You can waste your money buying a set up from a vendor for under $300 from Sierra. I did. It worked...sort of. Others couldn't hear me. I couldn't hear them. Ended up buying the Honda unit and it's much better. I might still have mine. I'll sell it for $150 to you and you can try it out. Then sell it to someone else if it doesn't work.

http://www.sierra-mc.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts