GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
A cheap drink or a cheap holder?
Both. Everyone knows the cheapest thing on a Wing is the owner. :p

I bought a Coleman 2 qt water jug.Remove lid, drilled a couple holes in the bottom and zip tie it to the passenger foot rest. Works perfect to hold a bottle of water etc within easy reach. Easy to remove if the Mrs is joining me on a local ride.
Less than 20.00

Reactions: Tigerkf

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Both. Everyone knows the cheapest thing on a Wing is the owner. :p

I bought a Coleman 2 qt water jug.Remove lid, drilled a couple holes in the bottom and zip tie it to the passenger foot rest. Works perfect to hold a bottle of water etc within easy reach. Easy to remove if the Mrs is joining me on a local ride.
Less than 20.00
$20.00??

Nice try!

I’m guessing that’s 1 decimal point over budget. Lol.

Tim

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
$20.00??

Nice try!

I’m guessing that’s 1 decimal point over budget. Lol.

Tim
Bet you can find one at the local thrift store for less than $2 and even you have a couple zip ties somewhere... 😁 .

Reactions: T-88

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Got a 2018 tour dct. I'm looking for something to hold a water bottle (like in the link). I will not use it for cups. I am taking a trip in a few weeks from Ny to florida and never thought it would be so hard to find something that doesn't cost a ridiculous amount of $$. I don't want to spend $50-80 on a holder setup . I will probably only use it this one time. I don't normally need one cause I'm usually on short trips. But, the way the country is now with the heat wave, i want to be prepared. I do not want a camelbak or anything that goes on my back. I don't care if it only lasts for the trip if it is cheap. I just can't see a way to mount without getting that ball mount from ciro for $30 , then of course another who knows how much for the holder.

Big ass drink holder from goldstrike.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts