GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
We always stay at the GreyStone Lodge Motel right next to the Aquarium! Ask for the Deluxe king rooms! that have a parking Garage!!!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you don't care to be off the main street the Mountain House Motor Inn is a good, reasonably priced place to stay. I have stayed there several times over the yrs. with the most recent being this month. Turn left at stoplight 6 and it is on the left half way up the hill.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Need a clean nice safe place to stay for a wk.
We have stayed at the Greystone lodge for the last 5 years the first week of June. Great place to stay very fair rates on rooms and walking distance to anything you might want to do in town. I give the Greystone a big :yes1::yes1::yes1:

G

·
place to stay

been with toni bestwestern in pigeon forge for the past 20 years.
tried other places go back to toni:cool:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Fully furnished, condo-style apartments with great views of the park or city. Nice place to have as your 'base-camp' for a week of exploring the area...very reasonable rates too. It's been about 10 years since I've stayed here, but the place was exceptionally well maintained back then, and looks to be the same. Great if you want to be off the beaten path a bit :yes1:

http://deerridge.com/index.html

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I've stayed at the Best Western right in town a couple of times and would recommend it. Fair value, hot breakfast, clean and spacious rooms, pool & hot tub and covered parking for your bike & trailer. Walking distance to everything.

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
We always stay at the GreyStone Lodge Motel right next to the Aquarium! Ask for the Deluxe king rooms! that have a parking Garage!!!
We have stayed at the Greystone lodge for the last 5 years the first week of June. Great place to stay very fair rates on rooms and walking distance to anything you might want to do in town. I give the Greystone a big :yes1::yes1::yes1:
Don't you mean the "Glenstone" Lodge? They have an AWESOME indoor pool!

http://www.glenstonelodge.com/

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
The wife and i love the river terrace resort right next to the aquarium,the "duck" bldg as they call it is right over the stream with lotsa ducks floating by begging to be fed,very relaxing,OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Where ever you decide, please call ahead and make sure motorcycles (if you are riding) are welcome. Several (not many, thank goodness) will not permit motorcycle parking. I attended a conference at Park Vista a couple years ago. About 1/2 mile from the main drag and fantastic views, but ~$110/night. They welcomed my bike, but warned me to take all food from the bags, as bears have been known to rip the trunks open on cars to get to food. If I were to stay in that area, I do believe that I would try Townsend instead, as it is much quieter, less expensive, and closer to my preferred entrance to the park.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys

we always stay at the greystone lodge motel right next to the aquarium! Ask for the deluxe king rooms! That have a parking garage!!!
i think i'll do greystone this trip looks nice, and a garage even better.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wife and I spent last weekend at Midtown Lodge right across the parkway from Ripley's Museum in Gatlinburg, red light 8.

First time on my bike but have stayed there for 11 years with the family.

There is a large fireplace in the lobby that's great in cooler months and an elevated terrace with rocking chairs above the lobby entrance for people watching along the sidewalks.

They close the doors New Year's Eve.

Enjoy the area.

Ronnie

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just got back from Gatlinburg on Sat. Rented a cabin. Beautiful cabin, nice view----but getting up and down the driveway was a challenge. Rain had created large washouts, caused my riding buddie to lay the wing on the side. Was in 1st gear climbing the hills, 90 degree turns. I would stay in a motel.
Plenty motels, lots of vacancy signs. ALSO--do not take the Cades Cove loop. 5 miles per hour, people stopping to take a pic of a deer, horse, or anything that moved. But the Smokies were fantastic. Make sure you take the Tail of the Dragon.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
5 mph in cade's cove would have been OK! we could not even do that! sheesh! i will never go to cade's cove on a mc again!

i also stay in townsend, tn at headrick's motel. the upper (newer) part is nice-not fancy-but nice, quiet, and no one bothers you. and his rates are cheaper than any other rates i have ever found in/around the smokies. pretty good bar-b-q place across the street, too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Peeking in to get some ideas--can't offer any as I stayed in Maggie Valley when I was in the area.
Ditto the caution on Cade's Cove--walkin' the bike through much of the drive. Way too many vehicles on the road--at least in July.
OB

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Just wondrin............Where are the dirty unsafe ones? :tongue:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts