GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have a F6B w/ stock seat w/ no backrest and my lower back is screaming. I was wondering if anyone is selling a Show Chrome or Utopia backrest? Are there other options I'm missing? Perhaps anyone selling an aftermarket seat (i.e. Mustang / Ultimate / Saddlemen)? Appreciate the guidance. Thanks

David

·
Registered
2015 F6B Deluxe
117 Posts
Show Chrome sells one available on Amazon, I believe, but you have to slice the stock seat to instal it. And you’re still sitting on a stock seat. My bike came with a Mustang but they did not offer an option for a backrest so I sold it and found a Corbin with backrest instead. I don’t hear great reviews on Saddlemen but Ultimate is always up there for comfort as well. I would have gotten an Ultimate but the Corbin became available first and I have no regrets. Best of luck to you and ride safe.

·
Registered
2016 F6B Standard
281 Posts
Sorry, @davidoliner. it's sold and on an F6B in Canada...eh...And you will get my Ultimate when you "pry it from cold dead hands!"

Looks like Show Chrome has stopped manufacturing/selling theirs but the Utopia can still be bought at retailers.

Reactions: Audiochris90

·
Registered
2016 F6B Standard
281 Posts
I got my hands on one of those shifters Steve! Ha
They're worth all the work it takes to get adjusted, but once it's done it's great for us tall and big footed guys.

You know what they say about guys with BIG feet...They wear BIG shoes!

·
Registered
2016 F6B Standard
281 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts