GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look for a couple-three folks to ride with now and then (or so..) I retired this year, so any day is doable.. I do occasisionally wander down roads that end in pastures, so I could use the navigational assistance.. .:)

Reactions: cycledude

·
Administrator
3,719 Posts
Joe, be careful. I've seen some of those DFW riders. You may have seen the videos of where MisterK, Two-wheel Nut, and GL Keith went when they left my house. The dead-end roads are what they look for!

We won't discuss shady personalities, but again, BE CAREFUL!

Glen

Glen

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Look at Friendship Riders Motorcycle Group on Facebook. We have rides about every weekend and some of the retired folks organize rides during the week as well. They run very good well managed rides, you'll be impressed, I was the first time with them.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Joe: nice to meet you. I’m also in Flower Mound and retired early. +1 to what JokerGuy said. When I’m not traveling (e.g., I’m in AZ right now; home for a couple of weeks then off to FL) I like to ride, but I’m personally more a fan of smaller groups than large ones. I now have a 2019 Harley Road Glide Special [but most of my friends have GW’s (and they haven’t kicked me off this board yet despite my offenses of moral turpitude and against common decency.)] I’ll send you a message with my particulars. Cheers, Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
707 Posts
Joe, be careful. I've seen some of those DFW riders. You may have seen the videos of where MisterK, Two-wheel Nut, and GL Keith went when they left my house. The dead-end roads are what they look for!

We won't discuss shady personalities, but again, BE CAREFUL!

Glen

Glen

I’m pretty sure @MisterK just uses his GW for riding 2up & grocery runs these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I, too, was looking for a riding group and saw the post about the Friendship Riders Motorcycle Group and looked them up and decided to join. I have since been out on about 3 rides with them and have found it to be most enjoyable with safe, well-thought out, backroad rides. Very well organized and very friendly. Mostly Goldwings but they are not picky. It's all the same wind. They are based out of Ft. Worth so early morning starts are a Rooster Ride for me but well worth it. Only about 200 members at the moment and rides usually consist of 6 - 15 riders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts