GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a riding buddy that needs a rain cover and sun shade for his 2610. Do you know where he can get one of each. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
I got an idea from someone on this board about the SunShield. Can't remember his name, but, I did as he said and it works WELL!

I went to one of those Office Max/Depot etc type stores, I purchased the flexible black plastic folders with pockets and cut one out. I attached Velcro to it and the 2610 and it works well.

The only problem I had with it was that, when the 2610 was in the holder, part of the velcro was blocked. So, I put the 2610 in the holder FIRST, then stuck on the plastic on top of that. Less than 2 bucks. I'm happy.

·
Registered
366 Posts
BlueRidgeWing,
Now all he needs is info on a cover.
The SP-2610 is waterproof to IPX-7 standards (immersed 3 feet for 30 minutes) so it really doesn't need "babying". This assumes that is is fairly well protected by the windshield -- rain impacting it at highway speeds is not covered by the immersion test and you might get some water intrusion under those circumstances. If you're really concerned, cover it with a gallon-size Zip-Lok baggie.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,753 Posts
I used to think my 2610 was waterproof, but after riding in the rain with my 2610 it developed condensation under the screen. I have two friends that have 2730 units that are also having condensation under the screen from riding in the rain. I left the CF compartment door open on my 2610 to vent the condensation out of the unit and placed it on my dash of my truck with the defrostor on to heat the 2610 up and so far it has worked with my 2610. In anycase I will be covering up my 2610 in the rain from now on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts