GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna trade in my 05 Wing for a newer model. I live in Dallas so can't travel too far. Who are the good dealerships in Texas/OK/AR/LA area that are giving good deals? Hoping to even find a '10 or '11 and save a little more.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Shawnee Honda Motorsports in Shawnee, OK is excellent. So is their sister store, Sunrise Honda in Searcy, AR and the Honda store in Russellville, AR is also.

I bought mine over the phone from Serena, one of the cute young female internet salespersons at Sunrise in Searcy but took delivery in Shawnee, OK. Good people.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Gonna trade in my 05 Wing for a newer model. I live in Dallas so can't travel too far. Who are the good dealerships in Texas/OK/AR/LA area that are giving good deals? Hoping to even find a '10 or '11 and save a little more.
How far from Dallas are you allowed to go? lol :joke:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just me and my 11 y/o boy now... so I can go WHEREVER/WHENEVER I want. Oh.....the freedom! Just don't want to drive halfway across the country to save a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I drove down to Russellville when I got my 07. Rode it home. I would do business again with them in a minute. Everyone was friendly, bike was as promised, ready when promised. Excellent followup after the sale.

·
Registered
556 Posts
my 2008, purchased in 2009 came from Sunrise Honda in Searcy Ak, the original owner said he got a fantastic deal there.
I got it from him with only 6k on it. I would check them out.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I would suggest you sell your 05 out right, no matter which dealer you go to you won't get much on a trade in.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I spent $250 on a one way flight to Sumter, SC (from CT) to save about $2,500 off MSRP. Someone from the dealership (Honda of Sumter) picked me up at the airport; the bike was ready and set up as promised when I got there. Paperwork took about 20 minutes and I was on the road back to CT.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
I drove to Neosho, Missouri and bought my 2007 from Neosho Powersports. Got a GREAT deal (saved $3,000 from DFW dealers), no pressure, no hassle, did everything via email. I was in and out in under an hour. You can easily drive it in a day.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
I should have suggested in my earlier post - shop online first. Many of the high volume internet retailers post their prices online. If they don't call and get their prices.

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
It's just me and my 11 y/o boy now... so I can go WHEREVER/WHENEVER I want. Oh.....the freedom! Just don't want to drive halfway across the country to save a few hundred dollars.

I sure would...Just any excuse for a road trip.:bow:

later..Randy

·
Registered
672 Posts
Shawnee Honda Motorsports in Shawnee, OK is excellent. So is their sister store, Sunrise Honda in Searcy, AR and the Honda store in Russellville, AR is also.

I bought mine over the phone from Serena, one of the cute young female internet salespersons at Sunrise in Searcy but took delivery in Shawnee, OK. Good people.
I second this recommendation. Serena was wonderful (and cute), and worked hard to earn my business. And the price was right. $19,999 for a level 1 2012.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm picking up a 2012 ABS bike from Honda of Russellville,AR. and saving $4,000.00 off of list on Aug. 31st. They have a great reputation and will pick you up at the airport.

Schroader's in Hendersonville, NC can save you alittle more but, they don't offer pickup.

Good Luck,
Mark

·
Registered
19,236 Posts
Russelville and Shawnee have the same ownership and are a high volumne wing dealership. They offer good prices and will sell accessories discounted and install at the time of purchase

·
Registered
352 Posts
This worked for me in '07-
I shopped pretty much the entire country via the internet and was willing to go wherever the price justified to pick up the bike for a road trip home. The best price I found was in Russellville, Ark. I had never ridden a Wing, so one Saturday my riding buddy and I rode up to Maxim in Allen, TX for a couple of test rides (he was shopping ST1300s). While there they pitched us to get the sales of course, and after verifying the price I had secured from Russellville they matched it. So I got the bike from a shop local enough that I can return it to the place of purchase for service (I'm old fashioned enough to still believe that makes some amount of difference in the service you receive) and saved myself some time and money concurrently.
They have continued to meet and occasionally exceed my expectations for turnaround, quality of work, price, and customer service/handling/courtesy.
In addition they have a well stocked accessories department run by Bob Landry who is an interesting guy with whom to chat and horse trade.
Good Luck in your search!

·
Registered
672 Posts
This worked for me in '07-
I shopped pretty much the entire country via the internet and was willing to go wherever the price justified to pick up the bike for a road trip home. The best price I found was in Russellville, Ark. I had never ridden a Wing, so one Saturday my riding buddy and I rode up to Maxim in Allen, TX for a couple of test rides (he was shopping ST1300s). While there they pitched us to get the sales of course, and after verifying the price I had secured from Russellville they matched it. So I got the bike from a shop local enough that I can return it to the place of purchase for service (I'm old fashioned enough to still believe that makes some amount of difference in the service you receive) and saved myself some time and money concurrently.
They have continued to meet and occasionally exceed my expectations for turnaround, quality of work, price, and customer service/handling/courtesy.
In addition they have a well stocked accessories department run by Bob Landry who is an interesting guy with whom to chat and horse trade.
Good Luck in your search!

I wish I could say that worked for me. Here's my experience with that: I found a good price out of state. Actually two, one being Sunrise and the other being Kirby's in Chanute, KS. My local dealership in Jefferson City, MO called and said they could get what I wanted. (they had sold their last one a day or two before) I told the guy that I had found a deal a few hours away, but if they'd meet it, I'd happily buy local. He said, "sure, come on down and we'll finalize the deal." So I ride down, and the first thing they say when I get there is that they can't match that price. I was furious. It had been made clear the deal I had, and what I expected, and they said fine, until I got there. I don't know if they thought that once I got there I'd go ahead and accept their deal or what. But I hopped right back on my bike and went home....then drove to the other dealership the next day.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Shawnee and Sunrise are the same ownership, the Russellville store is a different owner. I have purchased several bikes over the years from Heartland Honda in Springdale, AR. They have always treated me right. They also did the trike conversion for me last year. Jim

·
Registered
392 Posts
Bartlesville cycle sports in Bartlesville,OK has two new 2010 models. Audio comfort 19.3K , ABS 22.4K. I am not affiliated with them in any way. Bought my 2008 in 2010. They were good people to deal with. Good luck with your purchase.:cool:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I bought my two bikes from Earl at Honda of Russellville. (I live there) He's a stand up guy. Sunrise and Russellville are indeed competing dealers. I've not heard anything bad about Sunrise. Both places sell an awful lot of bikes. Good luck and happy cruising! :doorag:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts