GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I really have been looking for a nice pull behind for my 2010 Wing. It seems like most that I have found are way expensive or too flimsy (HF) for what I need. Something that I can throw lots of gear in (camping and otherwise) and take from Idaho to Tennessee then up to Plymouth NH then back to Idaho. I also need a hitch but can get one of those from Ebay.

So, I guess that I am looking at used, right? Used is OK as long as it is not needing a lot of fixing to get it road worthy.

So whatcha got and what is your bottom dollar for it? I would like to be using it before the late fall gets upon us.

All replies, as always, are appreciated!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
It sounds like you have a significant trip coming up. Also, you have bought a very nice top of the line motorcycle, and I can tell from your signature line that you likely think things out. I am puzzled by your post. I would welcome an eMail from you at [email protected]

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Guys

I called the guy in La Grande Oregon that had an add in Craigslist that David mentioned. Turns out the trailer he purchased (a Holsclaw) to pull with his Harley but fell on hard times and ended up selling the Harley and did not need the trailer anymore. Has new tires with a spare, freshly packed wheel bearings, new lights and bestest of all, let me have it for $500. Pulled it home with my Nissan PU. Now all I have to do is get me a hitch and wiring for the Wing and off we go!

Thanks for all the help. Couldn't done it without cha.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I guess I need to start a service of helping people get trailers two in two weeks not to bad. wish you the best with the trailer.:congrats::congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
When pulling a trailer with a motorcycle the hitch that you use is a VERY important component to consider. I have seen some of the Ebay hitches and personally don't believe that they are up to the task. Please consider a Bushtec, Rivco, or Hitch Doc. (in that order) The hitch is absolutly not something that you want to cheap out on. Do yourself a big favor and accept Tom's offer to discuss the issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts