GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, three of us are going to go to Elkins WV . We will arrive on June the 4th and leave on the 9th.
We are looking for local people that might want to come with us on a few rides to show us the great mountain rides you have there!
You could reply on this forum and /or on my [email protected].
We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Elkins. If you e-mail me and give me your # I could also call you back.
I have an 09 wing and my friends have St1300s
Hope I will hear from you soon and looking forward to riding in WV... Gil

We are in Ontario Canada in the summer, and in Lady Lake Fl in winter!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Elkins, WV Has many places to stay, just over the mountain from Seneca Rocks, also has a good place to eat http://www.cj-maggies.com/

Area attractions:
Snowshoe
Cass Senic Railroad
Seneca Rocks
Seneca Caverns
Smoke Hole Caverns
Spruce Knob
Black Water Falls
Cool Springs, WV
Paint Bank, Va
Route 150
Summersville Lake
Deep Creek, MD
And some others I missed, plus Wonderfull Roads.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello, three of us are going to go to Elkins WV . We will arrive on June the 4th and leave on the 9th.
We are looking for local people that might want to come with us on a few rides to show us the great mountain rides you have there!
You could reply on this forum and /or on my [email protected].
We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Elkins. If you e-mail me and give me your # I could also call you back.
I have an 09 wing and my friends have St1300s
Hope I will hear from you soon and looking forward to riding in WV... Gil

We are in Ontario Canada in the summer, and in Lady Lake Fl in winter!!
http://www.blueandgrayreunion.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=11

pretty cool to watch and there's a really good place to eat called Mo's.
good luck ride safe / have fun!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Add two more to that ride. Himan47 and Shadow1 are joining the festivities too. Maybe we could get together with a bunch for lunch. Hey.. maybe we could have a WV RTE and make all those flat landers in Florida jealous!
See ya'll there on the 4th of June.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Add two more to that ride. Himan47 and Shadow1 are joining the festivities too. Maybe we could get together with a bunch for lunch. Hey.. maybe we could have a WV RTE and make all those flat landers in Florida jealous!
See ya'll there on the 4th of June.
RTE sounds great! I just marked my calendar for either the 4th or the 5th. Let me know which one works out the best for you.
I figger to be somewhere near that neck o tha woods that weekend. Meeting an oHIo bunch on the 3rd. I need to watch this thread. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Be glad to see you too Rog! :p

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Be glad to see you too Rog! :p
Not sure their (oHIoans) plans are firmed yet. It's either Hot Springs, or Lovington Va., I believe. I plan to head to Robbinsville & meet another group, do the BRP slow & solo, & meet other bunch wherever they decide.
Back to regular programming.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, it will be great to have some of you mountain riders join us for a ride or two and even a few drinks after!
We will not get there until later on the 4th so the 5th would be good to meet up!
Y'all keep in touch on this board and we will keep you posted on our progress later! Gil

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Oh yeah.. I forgot, travelling day on the forth. Sunday thur Wednesday for riding and or a meet, greet and eat. Thursday back on the road for home. Hope to see some of ya'll.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Gil,

I sent you 5 maps and an E-mail with some info.

If you like what you see I can post them here.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sure did like what I seen Randy! You are a PRINCE for taking the time to do that for us! You certainly will have a FREE DINNER coming to you when we see you.
I downloaded all the rides in my GPS and all the maps as well.
If you feel up to it you can put them on this board, it would be nice
Thank you again Randy.... Gil

·
Registered
600 Posts
Southern Route
http://classic.mapquest.com/mq/9-l8T_fDFFbmS7
This one you go past Brazenhead Inn in Mingo, WV. They have a nice Pub and Restaurant. The only thing is they have odd hours of operation. But a quick call to them solves this problem. Or if our a risk taker just stop in.
http://www.brazenheadinn.com/

Route 16 Loop
http://classic.mapquest.com/mq/5-l8T_fDFFbmS7DeeKDNet

A second northern route
http://classic.mapquest.com/mq/8-6NGklyd5_aYWzIci

Just keep an eye on you fuel. Gas stations can be far apart on Sundays.

When you head west coal trucks can become a problem, and I have no clue how all this natural gas drilling is affecting that area. I know around here it is bad. Getting behind the service trucks and they are tearing up the roads.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Fantastic looking routes Randy. I can hardly wait to get there and try out a few of these. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
wva cardnial, were you in Florida this winter with wingjammer (Roger)? Thought I saw a pic of you and a ouple of other guys at Corky Bell's in Palatka, Fl! No biggy if it wasn't you... just wonderin'. BTW thank you very much for the ride information too!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
wva cardnial, were you in Florida this winter with wingjammer (Roger)? Thought I saw a pic of you and a ouple of other guys at Corky Bell's in Palatka, Fl! No biggy if it wasn't you... just wonderin'. BTW thank you very much for the ride information too!
Yes it was me and my brother riding Fla for about a week and a half met up with some fine people wile there...
Corky's is a fine place and I'd recommend it to anyone...
Yes, him was Hal. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts