GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Hey Rog! Thanks for the photo op. I thought that name rang a bell for some reason!
How's things in Fl., love bugs over yet? Been raining here for a frickin' week straight. :eek:4: Grass looks good though.:cool:

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Hey Rog! Thanks for the photo op. I thought that name rang a bell for some reason!
How's things in Fl., love bugs over yet? Been raining here for a frickin' week straight. :eek:4: Grass looks good though.:cool:
Friggin' love bugs are still around.
Zero rain.
Grass burned up.
Headin' north in about a week! :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Hope ya'll don't mind, I am going to try and join you folks on the 5th in Elkins. I'll plan to arrive @ 11A.M. unless there is something going on prior to that...if so, I'll adjust my schedule. Ride safe.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Travlenlite ... you will be more than welcome to join us. We can email you once we get to the hotel, as I will have my netbook with me. Hope to see you there on Sunday! :excited::p

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Plans finally finalized. We'll be in Elkins (Days Inn) on Friday the 3rd., heading Saturday morning (4th.) down to Lexington Va.
Sorry we are going to miss you by a day Rog! :frown:

Well chit! I won't get to meet you after all:wink:. Have a safe trip.

Travelinlite... there will still be 5 of us (all Canucks) at the Holiday Inn Express in Elkins for the 4th to the 9th. We will pull out on Thursday and head back to Ontario.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Well chit! I won't get to meet you after all;). Have a safe trip.
:-( Nuts, I know, but here's the real deal. I had to plan around those still punching the clock. I'm leaving here this weekend and meeting an oHIo bunch at the Gap. Next week, 1 other Winger and I will meander our way towards Elkins. Meeting up with another oHIo Winger bunch for the weekend there. Sunday they'll be heading north and most likely I'll return south....unless.....a wild hair arises and I head north with them. So. If you see a fast red metallic and slow pearl white both pulling Alumas wandering around the hills next week do not be concerned. As long as there's gasoline we don't care where we are, where we're going or how we get there.

BTW, y'all take care of my pal Shadow. Kinda a puny little feller so be nice to him.

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
Plans finally finalized. We'll be in Elkins (Days Inn) on Friday the 3rd., heading Saturday morning (4th.) down to Lexington Va.
Roger, hang around another night. I am planning to come Sunday also. Would be great if you could play in the mountains with us for a day. :yes1:

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Roger, hang around another night. I am planning to come Sunday also. Would be great if you could play in the mountains with us for a day. :yes1:
See above post #31 Murg. Meeting a handful of the RO crew @ the Gap. Wahoo and I will spend the week riding, and meet several of the Pomeroy Wingers in Elkins Friday. They've planned the weeekend. Sorry to miuss you fellas. :-(

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Roger, as of right now I'll have both the 4th and 5th off and can come up to Elkins to meet and ride if you can swing it???

I was only planning on coming up on the 5th because of the northern gang getting in late on the 4th, but if Murgie and TravelinLite will be there on the 5th maybe we all can meet up and ride some???
Red Bird, all I know now is that we're meeting the oHIo bunch in Elkins Friday (3 rd) afternoon. They have a ride route planned on Saturday (I don't know the route) to Lexington. I think the Pink Cadilliac, Natural Bridge, is on the ride for Saturday evening. Overnighting in Lex., and Sunday the 5th., they're heading home and most likely I'll head back south.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Southern Route
http://classic.mapquest.com/mq/9-l8T_fDFFbmS7
This one you go past Brazenhead Inn in Mingo, WV. They have a nice Pub and Restaurant. The only thing is they have odd hours of operation. But a quick call to them solves this problem. Or if our a risk taker just stop in.
http://www.brazenheadinn.com/

Route 16 Loop
http://classic.mapquest.com/mq/5-l8T_fDFFbmS7DeeKDNet

A second northern route
http://classic.mapquest.com/mq/8-6NGklyd5_aYWzIci

Just keep an eye on you fuel. Gas stations can be far apart on Sundays.

When you head west coal trucks can become a problem, and I have no clue how all this natural gas drilling is affecting that area. I know around here it is bad. Getting behind the service trucks and they are tearing up the roads.
Thanks for this post! The wife and I plan on leaving Bryson City on Sun. 6/24...spending the night in Ashland,Ky....riding over to Ironton,OH. on the 25th to find the house she lived in when she was born (she left when she was 5)...then continuing on to either Sommersville or Marlinton? We hope to get in a good 3 days riding in your Beautiful state before heading back to Daytona Beach! These ride maps will truly help!:bow:
Thanks again!
Jamie

21 - 34 of 34 Posts