GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for a hotel for a few days for the Sturgis bike week..
does not have to be in sturigs... I checked around but cannot find any
that are even a little reasonable ...if any vacancys at all.. would anyone
have any inside info for 2 rooms for 4 people ?
any help would be appreciated..

tia

cosmic

·
Registered
463 Posts
Bike Week accomadations

When I went out there last year several of us stayed in Rapid City at the South Dakota School of Mines in a dorm. There were 4 people to a dorm room ( 2 per sleeping area) with godd shower and living quarters. It only cost us about $39 per person per night. We were far enough away that we were able to sleep well and the school was very accomadating, they even provided soft rags to wipe the bikes down with. It was a great place to stay for me. Frank

·
Registered
85 Posts
Rooms

Black Hills U. out in Spearfish. They sell four night blocks in the dorms for around $350.00 2 people to a room, twin beds, bathrooms down the hall. Stayed there twice now, will go back again.

Dog

·
Registered
484 Posts
Almost everything is artificially inflated for bike week. The nicer the place to sleep, the more expensive it gets. Typically hotels withing a 100 mile radius are sold out and lots of them are sold out a year in advance.

On the other side of the coin, I stayed last year at a brand new place 10 miles away from downtown sturgis off hwy 34. www.shadevalley.com This is camping vs. hotel but very nice clean quite place and the rates are great. Heck, they even let ya rent a huge 3 room tent.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
http://lakeparkresort.com/

We had a family reunion here last June......had a great time. The place is reasonable and well maintained. Where ever you stay..........book now.

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
i went to Sturgis four years in a row

there were always plenty of no reservations needed motel rooms in Pierre SD which is 180 miles east of Sturgis, never had a problem getting a room there during Sturgis bike week

they have a lot of fishing events going on in the Pierre area so when one of those things is going on motels are pretty fully booked

·
Registered
42 Posts
Try Custer,SD

It's 50 or so miles from Sturgis. Do a google search of Custer,SD and you will find a number of motels listed. We go there in the middle of Bike week and always find rooms in Custer. Call ahead to be sure. Prices will be $80 and up for that week but drop in half starting the Sat. when it ends.
Good luck !

Jerry

·
Registered
484 Posts
cycledude said:
i went to Sturgis four years in a row

there were always plenty of no reservations needed motel rooms in Pierre SD which is 180 miles east of Sturgis, never had a problem getting a room there during Sturgis bike week

they have a lot of fishing events going on in the Pierre area so when one of those things is going on motels are pretty fully booked
Ahhhhh, Pierre is a swear word!
That's were my HD got towed to after blowing up last year in the hot summer sun. Burned the exhuast valve in rear head. Got stuck in that town for 2 days while the HD dealer fixed my bike under warrenty. Sat on a new GL1800 in their tv room for more than an hour. The rest is history. :lol: In any case, there were lots of hotel rooms available during sturgis bike week. A few good bars - go to the legion or vfw that is on the river walk. Also met about a dozen Hell's Angel's (chicago chapter) in the local pawn shop. Nicest guys ya ever met. No, really. Course I was riding a HD and not a Goldwing back then. 8) Pierre hotels are a plenty but is is a loooong way aways from Sturgis.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Naughtydog sent you a PM

Naughtydog sent you a PM re the Spearfish accomodation at Black Hills U. Can you give us contact info like website, phone numbers or email contact for these accomodations?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts