GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find Kuryakyn items for 2012-2017 in the black color and I'm finding most of them but did they make the armrests in black instead of chrome? If so can you give me a part number. If not, what are other options? I don't see the Rivco ones in black either.

Also trying to find these in black: KU6242: Extended Throttle Boss for Heated Grips. I don't like the Contoured ones... found them in black but I think they are too wide.

Thanks.

·
Vendor
17,811 Posts
I'm trying to find Kuryakyn items for 2012-2017 in the black color and I'm finding most of them but did they make the armrests in black instead of chrome? If so can you give me a part number. If not, what are other options? I don't see the Rivco ones in black either.

Also trying to find these in black: KU6242: Extended Throttle Boss for Heated Grips. I don't like the Contoured ones... found them in black but I think they are too wide.

Thanks.
I only see these.

https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/172/stiletto-end-caps

·
Registered
476 Posts
black items

Thanks.

I have the blacked out 2016 and had my old arm rests powder coated to the shade that matched the mufflers. $80 bucks and several day turn around. I like them. Also did the black passenger floor boards and ergo III driver spring loaded pegs, all nice touches,but bought them new.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,768 Posts

Thanks.

AFAIK, the armrests did not come in black. I checked when I bought my new Wing, as I wanted black. The ISO throttle boss does come in black, it's part #6314. Kury puts the same items on the same web page, and you have to go down through the list of options at the lower right to find the black versions of things. So far, the only thing I couldn't find in black were the armrests.

Reactions: William Anzik

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AFAIK, the armrests did not come in black. I checked when I bought my new Wing, as I wanted black. The ISO throttle boss does come in black, it's part #6314. Kury puts the same items on the same web page, and you have to go down through the list of options at the lower right to find the black versions of things. So far, the only thing I couldn't find in black were the armrests.
THANK YOU!

I was thinking since the antennas are chrome and the armrest bracket integrates into the antenna mounts that the chrome armrest wouldn't look too stupid. I haven't seen any other brands offering a set in black either.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait, I just double-checked. 6314 is the "Contoured" ones. Those are too wide. I did find those earlier. Kinda tricky how they sneak those on the page with the "Extended" throttle boss.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
keep in mind the kury ISO grips for heated OEM grips are the clambshell design which I have been told will not work with the standard ISO grip ends and throttle boss'es.

I also am looking for black items for my 2016 (new).

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
THANK YOU!

I was thinking since the antennas are chrome and the armrest bracket integrates into the antenna mounts that the chrome armrest wouldn't look too stupid. I haven't seen any other brands offering a set in black either.

Well, as a last resort, I guess you could by a chrome set and have them powder-coated.. Probably cost another $100, though. Did you ask Kury directly if they plan to have a black set? Though I'd think they would by now if they were going to do that..

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
keep in mind the kury ISO grips for heated OEM grips are the clambshell design which I have been told will not work with the standard ISO grip ends and throttle boss'es.

I also am looking for black items for my 2016 (new).

I have the ISO grips on my '16 audio comfort. While they ARE a PITN to get on and have the rubber seat properly through the clamshells, they did seat eventually. The throttle boss kit comes with a grip end that works perfect with it. I am thinking of trimming the throttle boss a bit on the inboard side, as it seems a little too wide. But then, I have large hands.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, as a last resort, I guess you could by a chrome set and have them powder-coated.. Probably cost another $100, though. Did you ask Kury directly if they plan to have a black set? Though I'd think they would by now if they were going to do that..
No, I didn't contact them. I did find out they discontinued the ISO Grips so... :shrug:

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the ISO grips on my '16 audio comfort. While they ARE a PITN to get on and have the rubber seat properly through the clamshells, they did seat eventually. The throttle boss kit comes with a grip end that works perfect with it. I am thinking of trimming the throttle boss a bit on the inboard side, as it seems a little too wide. But then, I have large hands.
You must have the "Contoured" ones. They look great but they were freaking dangerous for me. My hands are way too big for them.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I ‘murdered’ my bike (all black). The parts that I could not find/get in black were sandblasted and then powder coated black (some had to be disassembled to powder coat pieces). There are only two items on my bike that are still chromed and will be left chrome. As for all of the bolts, use the black caps (and a tab of silicone to keep them on).

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
You must have the "Contoured" ones. They look great but they were freaking dangerous for me. My hands are way too big for them.

This is what I have. That throttle rocker IS a little big.. But if you get it at the right angle, it's ok.. The grips are actually a little larger than I would prefer; on my '05, I peeled off the stock grips and installed the ISO grips. Instructions for the heated set said to put them on over the factory grips, so they're a little larger around..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
No, I didn't contact them. I did find out they discontinued the ISO Grips so... :shrug:

Strange. I just bought a pair back in January or so..

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is what I have. That throttle rocker IS a little big.. But if you get it at the right angle, it's ok.. The grips are actually a little larger than I would prefer; on my '05, I peeled off the stock grips and installed the ISO grips. Instructions for the heated set said to put them on over the factory grips, so they're a little larger around..
Yes, those are the contoured ones. The angle to get around them was very uncomfortable for me.

As DJ said, the parts are still available out there... just no more are being made.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I believe they will. According to the Kuryakyn website they work with 6183 or 6383. 6183 is chrome and 6383 is black.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts