GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Rain Gear

Cabela's Pac-lite rain suit. Gortex, breathable, lightweight, and keeps me dry in all rain conditions. I like it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Copilot
I will have to agree with you on the Sentinel Tourmaster. We ride in the rain here in Washington and we have never had a leak. :shrug: I really like my Tourmaster Rain Gear.:thumbup: Somebody must have blown a Seal I mean a Seam.:eek:4:
David
HondaMortch

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have the Frog Toggs but rarely use them. I just ride thru the storm and dry out after passing thru.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I have a set (one year old) of the Tourmaster Sentinal rain gear (jacket and pants). The zipper on the jacket has broken and the pants leak in the seat and on the inside of both legs. I can get no customer service from Tourmaster on these items (will not answer my emails (2), and list no CS phone number).

I am looking for light weight (I live in Florida) rain gear, with a breathable membrane (like Gore Tex).

I found this site and want to know if anyone knows anything about this business and their products.

http://www.motoport.com/_product_35444/Aero-Tex_Rain_Jacket
I can not see investing in high dollar rain gear except in colder weather, I have a set of Tourmaster Elites but only wear them when it rains an is below 60 degrees. to each their own:shrug: Also go to the dealer and let them deal with Tourmaster for you, works better in m opinion...

·
Registered
977 Posts
The KEY word here is BREATHABLE.

Regardless of the price, if it's NOT BREATHABLE, you WILL sweat MORE.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I have the Frog Toggs but rarely use them. I just ride thru the storm and dry out after passing thru.
Agree, Florida sudden rain storms, a total aggravation to stop, try and get shoes through the Toggs, get suited up, by then, guess what? Need I say more?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey team, an update on the Tourmaster Sentinel rain gear. I called Wingstuff (that's where I purchased it) and found out I was outside of the one year warranty period. They were willing to send it back to Tourmaster for an assessment, but said, since it's outside of the warranty period I would probably have to buy a new jacket and pants. That forced me to seriously consider buying another brand of rain gear.

I checked out the Cabelas', Pac Lite, Gore Tex rain jacket and pants and was pleased to find them both on sale. I paid $150 for the jacket and pants. I thought I would share the "on sale" part with you. :thumbup:

·
Registered
589 Posts
My wife and I have had the full Motoport vented kevlar gear for over four years. It has inner liners for wind breaking/rain proof use and an additional inner fleece for the chest on really cold days.

On a summer day without liners installed, the rain can help cool me when in the southwest. I rode thru Oklahoma enroute to Wing Ding 33 in 108 degree heat with a leather vest over the jacket. All that gear helped reduce the sweat evaporation that would occur when wearing just a t-shirt and blue jeans.

YMMV

·
Registered
159 Posts
Frog Toggs Road Toads...purchased them earlier this yr, they are a huge improvement from their earlier offerings...for the money hard to beat, at least in my mind.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I'm tellin' ya ... call me about low priced Frogg Togg ROAD TOADS or the very best Frogg Togg ELITE HIGHWAY ... more money, but the best rainsuit you'll ever have ...

COUNTRY GENTLEMAN ... 765-584-7848 ... Tom

:rain1:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Elite Highway Frogg Toggs

The BEST Frogg Toggs are the ELITE HIGHWAY ... not produced anymore ... I have some inventory ... DURABLE ... BLACK ONLY ... $149.95 ... QUALITY STUFF !!!
I found mine at Serra Trading Post, it was a couple of years ago. Work well in both light and heavy rain on the highway too. Have a mesh lining to help keep you cool.

TrikesterKit :yes1:

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I highly recommend the new Olympia 2-pc. suit! I was skeptical at spending $180. on a mere rainsuit, but a lot of thought and technical expertise went into the design here. I love its performance, features, and overall flowing design. I am very pleased with this suit... see Olympia's website for ALL the details. :thumbup: It really works!!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Alaska

I bought the Olympia 2 piece before my trip to Alaska this year. One day I rode in 5 hours of constant hard rain. I even worried when I had to fuel up at an uncovered fuel pump it was still raining so hard I could see rain splashing in the fuel tank.

Never got wet at all in several days of rain on my trip! The self storage feature is nice.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Well, we finally got our first measurable rain here in Phoenix after over 125 days of no rain, but I have been wanting to try my all Gortex Bass Pro 100mph bibs & coat. Supposed to be guaranteed not to leak or sweat. I have tried most of the rain systems but always seem to get wet on the thighs in a hard driving rain running over 75mph....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, we finally got our first measurable rain here in Phoenix after over 125 days of no rain, but I have been wanting to try my all Gortex Bass Pro 100mph bibs & coat. Supposed to be guaranteed not to leak or sweat. I have tried most of the rain systems but always seem to get wet on the thighs in a hard driving rain running over 75mph....
And the verdict is???????

Reactions: saafrican

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
It may be that you just got a bad Sentinal. I know you said Sentinal isn't being cooperative; but will the place you bought it do anything for you? The reason I say that is I have ridden hundreds if not thousands of miles in hard rain with my sentinal and it has never leaked or failed to work.

I bought a set of Sentinel's and both, the pants and the jacket, leak like hell.......not even a year old.... The place I bought them from is no longer in business either.
I will never buy from them again. As mentioned they wont respond to emails...........

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Frogg toggs will keep you dry and really light weight.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts