GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm have an HJC-shaped head, used to riding in AC-3s, Symac, of CL-33 or the modular. I LIKE the IS-33, but can't fit my headsets into it with my head. Biggest they come is XXL, but is smaller than an AC-3 XXL.

What's another good helmet in that price range that has the internal flip-down sun shade, is the IS-33? Or is there a trick to getting both your ears AND a headset into the IS-33?

·
Registered
243 Posts
We've got the IS-33's and have been wearing them for over a year now. We had J&M headsets at first and the speakers were a little thick for the space. I just took the inner pads out and cut the styrofoam so the speakers fit. Don't be affraid to do surgery on the pads. All the handy work is covered by the nylon liner when your finished.
I really love the helmet and the sun shade is perfect for me since I wear glasses. That is the main reason I bought the IS-33. I was REALLY tired of fighting the sun glasses, regular glasses, fit-overs thing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I got ours from NEW ENOUGH. I haven't looked lately but I'm sure they still have them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have the IS 33 also. I haven't done the surgery yet as I am considering my options on headsets.

The SO is tired of having to flip switch to talk to me because of the wind noise in my bucket and I dislike the cord pulling on my neck.

Researching the bluetooth head sets but haven't decided on one yet. I have done the surgery on our Nolans. Not a big issue, it's just styrofoam.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I put SCALA Q-2's in this last time. Mostly because Janet would walk off from the bike with the J&M's still hooked up! LOL.
Advantages to the SCALA's is of course wireless and I've paired them to our phones (my headset to mine and Janet's headset to hers). You can only pair one phone to one headset so when she gets a call it shuts me off and I can't hear her conversation. Sometimes that's a blessing. But the intercom sound is really good and that's what I bought them for.
You do lose the ability of listening to the Wing sound system through the headsets but that is fine with me, I usually listen to the music through the speakers anyway.
Overall I'm happy with the no cord wireless way of doing things. A lot less hassle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts