GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you guys can help. I tried the Directline Parts Fiche and can't find what I need.
I damaged the lower right side (shroud?) that the foot heater vent is part of. I can no longer close the vent. I grazed a granite curb while practicing U-Turns. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Also - anyone know what's involved in swaping it out?
Thanks - Coop

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hope you guys can help. I tried the Directline Parts Fiche and can't find what I need.
I damaged the lower right side (shroud?) that the foot heater vent is part of. I can no longer close the vent. I grazed a granite curb while practicing U-Turns. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Also - anyone know what's involved in swaping it out?
Thanks - Coop
I hope I can help. This is located under the Muffler pages. My book show number 14 which is a Protector Assembly R ex pipe color NH168M Vernier Gray Metallic Part number for a 2012 as I see it is: 18330 -MCA -A70ZA Lots of other little parts that fit on it. hth

·
Chard Member
12,996 Posts
http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_secti...=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2012&fveh=137523

Remove frt lower plastic cowl. Remove two bolts from rear lower cowl at the sides. Remove one bolt from the the frt of the rear lower cowl. Rear lower metal cowl slides forward and unhooks.

Rear lower cowl is what you need. Honda also calls it a "protector".

You made a expensive mistake my friend! Maybe take it off and pound it out! lol.... :?

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,288 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the info. Based on the cost, it appears like I'm going to try and repair it. Don't think that will be an easy part to find used.
Coop

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Thanks everyone for the info. Based on the cost, it appears like I'm going to try and repair it. Don't think that will be an easy part to find used.
Coop
I have seen them on Ebay from time to time. Check there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts