GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..new to the board, hope I'm doing this correctly. Regarding the neat speakers and E.C. amp for 1800 can anyone recommend an installer. I'm located in the southern California area, however, any where in LA county or Orange County would work. I have checked with a few dealers and they don't want to touch this. Thanks...

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm really interested in upgrading the sound system on my bike too. :shock: I've read several opinions on here about the Polk 4" speakers and the EC amp. I'm in south Orange County.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
while were getting hints on a good installer

i live in southern wisconsin and would like an amp installed

there are no shops arround that will do anything but the regular bolt on things.

i could sure use a wrech person to do an amp install, and some switches, and some under bikes lights, and wire for heated gloves, and some............

any ideas

loren

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
In the Southern California area, call Mark at Huntington Honda or the guys at JBJ Cycle in Santa Ana. Not sure to tell you who to contact in WI. Have you thought about coming over for Americade?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments..I checked with JBJ and they claim that haven't installed any so far.. I'll give Mark at Huntington Honda a call. Thanks again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bubba, I called Mark at Huntington Honda and he explained that they have installed these systems (speakers Polk or Alpine makes no difference and E.C. amp) with no problems. Mark indcated that installation was approximately two hundred bucks and required most of the day. I have to wait for about a month and then I'm going to order the components and have them installed. JBJ in Santa Anna has not installed any units so far..

·
Registered
136 Posts
rear speakers

Don, I would suggest save the $200 and do it yourself. I ordered the 5" Polks for the rear with the harness kit. Took about an hour to install the speakers. Don't have the amp, with new speakers I really don't need it. Saw one on another wing should be a straight forward install. Besides there is plenty of help available on this site.
With the money you are saving by a shop manual or the rear spoiler and install it when you install the speakers. Heck if you will ride over to NC I'll help you install them.
Randy F
Concord, NC

·
Registered
224 Posts
don forster said:
Bubba, I called Mark at Huntington Honda and he explained that they have installed these systems (speakers Polk or Alpine makes no difference and E.C. amp) with no problems. Mark indcated that installation was approximately two hundred bucks and required most of the day. I have to wait for about a month and then I'm going to order the components and have them installed. JBJ in Santa Anna has not installed any units so far..
Thanks for the heads-up, Don. I'm going to get the parts soon too. Have you decided on which speakers to get? I'm leaning towards the Polk Audio. I'm tired of having to keep the bass turned down on any song above '15' loudness.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Amp and Speaker Installer

If any of you guys are around the New Orleans, LA area, I'd be glad to do the work for you. I've done my own and one two other installs so far and I typically charge $150. for the work, regardless of whether speakers are installed or not because the work is the same on the wiring and the labor.

My connections are soldered and heatshrunk, all work done in my garage under your watchful eye if you'd like.

If anyone is interested, I can be reached at [email protected]

Hope this doesn't go against board policy to say this, but if so, the moderator is free to remove it with nary a complaint from me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts