GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where to post this message, but tho't I"d start here.

My base is in New England. Connecticut to be specific. I'm interested in riding with some folks on some 3, 4, 5 day trips. Don't really care where.

I don't know where to find folks who want to this. Or, are doing so.

I have a riding buddy that we do a 3-5 day trip each year (but, don't ride together other than this). We ride back roads and have headed north to Canada thru MA and VT. And, last year to from CT to Nova Scotia. Great trip. This year the weather was not good, so we went thru MA, to NH then back behind most of the rain to VT and home. Covering 400-500 miles on back roads is good riding. Our usual back road riding is at 45-55 mph, stop for fuel, etc, about every 150 or so ... start at 7ish till 6ish or so. We have specific distances to cover, but don't really need to keep a schedule. We're into riding, not shopping.

Anyway, where do I find folks that are riding and want company? My girl friend stopped riding with me 5 years ago after nearly a decade of doing so. She has issues with motorcycles and safety. Not from me, tho. I've been riding for over 30 years without incident. And, always consider safety the prime directive.

Perhaps someone can give me some direction here. I'm a business owner with a pretty loose schedule.

Thanx in advance.

BAGGER

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm a member located in Connecticut. Please join any of our rides or events. You can find them posted at http://www.gwtachapterm.homestead.com we have rides planned about every two weeks next year some local in CT some not, like Bennington VT,Canada,Berkshire's,White Mountains. Hope to see you on a ride!

·
Registered
160 Posts
where about in Connecticut are you?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the replies. I'll check them out.

DavidL ... I reside in Andover. East of Manchester.

BAGGER

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I've met some good riding buddies from this board.
Looks like you already have a couple of replies.
Next time you are planning a ride,post here and see who might want to come along.You may be surprised how far some may come just to ride with you.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx for all your posts and help. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
PS..
This is what happened a few years ago when I suggested on this board a lunch ride.
Turned into an annual weekend ride tradition!

·
Registered
160 Posts
there is a local GWRRA chapter Q in Putnam. however the GWTA chapter M is closer and more active.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts