GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find smoked LED blinkers to replace the amber ones in the mirrors?
Also if I switch to the LED blinkers will I need an equilizer for the blinkers to work right, and if so how much trouble is it to install?

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know of a different brand? I would hope there would be one where you would not have to replce them every year.
Also how much trouble is it to install the equalizer?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Noone? :shrug::confused:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Seems to me that smoke lenses darkens and restricts the amount of light being transmitted. They may look good for appearance but I personally would not use them because of the reduced safety factor. Same thing for smoked headlight, taillight, etc.

My $.02

·
Banned
11,396 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I kind of agree with the comment about smoked lenses restricting the light output, but I had heard that was not an issue with the smoked LED lights.
However there sounds like there may be an issue with how long these lights last.
The only reason I wanted the smoked lenses over the clear was I thought they would go better with the black headlights on the 12 GW.
Rocky; have you been able to tell if your light output is reduced by the smoked lenses?

·
Registered
813 Posts

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I kind of agree with the comment about smoked lenses restricting the light output, but I had heard that was not an issue with the smoked LED lights.
However there sounds like there may be an issue with how long these lights last.
The only reason I wanted the smoked lenses over the clear was I thought they would go better with the black headlights on the 12 GW.
Rocky; have you been able to tell if your light output is reduced by the smoked lenses?
1) I just ordered the smoke lens three days ago and they haven't arrived yet to compare them to my spare Amber lens.

2 ) The 18 is still in prision.

Honestly I have seen the Smoke lens in acton in the past w/chrome/amber bulbs.They were bright too.
That is why I ordered a set now because my bike is now white.
I wasn't interesed in them when the bike was Red.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts