GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Am in the process of getting a new 04. Will also be getting the EC lower cowl lights, but want more visability. Both in town as well as out, on dark highways. Looking for suggestions :idea:
Thxs, Mike

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hello Nite Owl from another Arizonun. Take a look at mine here. Sorry, I don't have any photos with the lights where it's dark enough to see them.

I'd suggest either the ShowChrome/Big Bike or Kuryakin trunk and bag lighted molding. Both look good day and night. I chose the ShowChrome because of the larger red lens area. Didn't want too much chrome since I already had the rails. Also you should get the rear spoiler. This adds another brake light, and you can get the converter from EC or others to also make it a running light.

Then you can add the Kury or ShowChrome Opera/Stealth lights over the valve covers. They add side lighting and also flash with the turnsignals. I also added the Kury mirror turnsignal lights to the mirrors. This adds extra turnsignal lights facing the rear that can be seen well from beside the bike. The Opera/Stealth lights and mirror signals can be purchased in one kit now.

You can also install the Ring of Fire lighted rotor covers on the front wheel and lighted front fender trim, neither of which I've opted for.

All lighting accessories can be purchased form our board sponser, Honda Direct Line, or your local Honda dealer. I'd suggest you stop by All Cycle Sales in Tempe. They'll have most everything you'd need, though you'll find a little better prices on the net, but you can get a first hand look at most all accessories for the 1800 there.

You'll enjoy accessorizing your new 1800 to suit your personality. What color are you getting?

Here's a fair picture of the mirror signal lights.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Lights

:) How about Ted Harper leds for the rear? They look great and the cagers can see you real well, a rear spoiler is a must has the third brake light and can also be converted for running lights as well. :) :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Leds

The Frt leds are nice as well. :) :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
As the other guys mention,

I added the LED mirror lights, the Kury LED stealth lights above the valve covers. These two seem to really get the attention of the dork drivers in traffic when I change lanes

Also added the Kury lighted side trim on the bags only , not the trunk

I am seriously looking at the spoiler with brake light .

Probably will add the head light modualtion Kisan deal for daytime drivin.

·
Registered
80 Posts
LEDS everywhere is my philosophy. :idea:

Rick

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
lighted fairing lights

i saw the lighted fairing lights at night, they are outrageous, looks like the bike is on fire, i recently installed them on my yellow bike. i have them and my ring of fire hooked to a toggle switch inside my left fairing pocket.
JD

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Rick;

geeeeze, are you gonna add some lights? LOL ...... looks good!

I regularly see a wing with many lights , ring of fire , etc at McDowell road at the I-17 frontage road in Phoenix , AZ.

I work just east of the I-17 / McDowell light and see the bike almost every morning as I wait to get into our work yard.

That rear spoiler for the 1800 is growing on me. the price tag is twisting my underwear a bit.. :)

Rick C said:
LEDS everywhere is my philosophy. :idea:

Rick

·
Registered
146 Posts
I like my lighting a little on the subtle side. I saw somewhere.....crap, I forget where now!.... LED lights for the yellow front brake caliper reflector and red rear reflecter under the license plate. These lights replaced the reflectors, looked identical to the reflector, and made them into running/turn or stop lights as well. IMHO, a nice touch and added visability to boot! Now if I could just remember who sold them......

Eagle Eye: Yes, your six lights (if all lit) would be illegal here in Florida. We're only allowed 4 forward facing white lights for on-road use. However, like many things, it's all in how you use 'em! If you were blinding little old ladies in town, you'd probably get stopped. If you only fired up the big dogs when all alone on the backroads, you'd be fine. I have been really impressed with the PIAA type lights...very bright. When the budget allows, I'll add some! Just worried about blinding the wildlife... :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Guys
Thanks for all the great suggestions. The Ted Harpers look great. Now it is decision time before the bike arrives. Can anyone give me some feedback on the Piaa’s? Living here in Arizona will have to check on the laws concerning 6 forward lights. But like the idea of 2 more lights to cut thru the darkness. As well as being more visible to the oncoming cagers here in the ... Valley of the Sun.

Thanks, Mike .. aka The Nite Owl ! 8)

·
Registered
81 Posts
suggestion on wiring your cowling lights

I wired the lights in my cowling so that they do not go off when you switch to your high beam headlights. I really like that option. My guess is that your instructions from E/C will give you that option. If not send me a private message & I'll help you with it (PM 'cause I don't get a chance to check the boards every day)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Rick;

geeeeze, are you gonna add some lights? LOL ...... looks good!
I thought I might put one or two on there Tony. :)

Rick C.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Extra Lights

Don't worry about how many lights you have facing forward. Just use good judgement about when and where you turn them all on. I turn all 6 on during the day, and shut off only the high-beams with on-coming traffic at night.

Most cops know how important it is that motorycles be seen by other traffic and would rather you be well lit up, than have to pick up your lifeless body because you weren't.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
For starters, the electrical connection LED reflector light replacement is great. Trunk and saddle bag LEDs light up the back end. An opera or stealth light over the valve covers adds to the front side view. Be Happy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts