GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my wing pretty well stripped down to send a bunch of parts off to paint and powder coat. It occurred to me this morning that this would be an idea opportunity to check the valves. Anybody up in the Cartersville / Dallas /Acworth area know how to do that? I've got the manual, but to be honest, I'd fell a whole heck of a lot better having someone here who's done it before.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I've got my wing pretty well stripped down to send a bunch of parts off to paint and powder coat. It occurred to me this morning that this would be an idea opportunity to check the valves. Anybody up in the Cartersville / Dallas /Acworth area know how to do that? I've got the manual, but to be honest, I'd fell a whole heck of a lot better having someone here who's done it before.
I have done mine.
A little time consuming, not difficult. Easier if it is on a lift, which I have at work.
I will be glad to do them for you. Is the bike where you can bring it to the shop, or do you need for me to come to your house ?

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Checking is easy. Adjustment requires removing, measuring, calculating replacement, buying replacement, and installing replacement shims. I'll be doing mine the next bad weather period. Missed you in Woodstock!

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checking is easy. Adjustment requires removing, measuring, calculating replacement, buying replacement, and installing replacement shims. I'll be doing mine the next bad weather period. Missed you in Woodstock!

Yep...wished I could have gone too....But alas...you can't really skip your Neice's wedding and get away with it. Oh well. How was the turnout? You guys have fun?

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
5, maybe 6 'wings. A couple Harleys and maybe 10 sport bikes. Aaron was great, band was very good. Still had a great time. Next year needs more advanced scheduling and planning.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a Tech just outside of Cartersville that works on my 1800
He is the former service manager of the Honda dealership that was in Cartersville.
Good guy to work with and reasonable on his charges.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
He is the former service manager of the Honda dealership that was in Cartersville.
Could you provide his contact info? I have used him in the past, but lost track. TIA!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Your mechanic

HOW WILL I GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR BIKE MECHANIC. I HAVE A.2002 goldwing. My email is
[email protected] Thank you very much for that info.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bike mechanic

HOW WILL I GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR BIKE MECHANIC. I HAVE A.2002 goldwing. My email is
[email protected] Thank you very much for that info.
It will be good to hear from you. Drop me a line regarding your mech.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts