GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this subject route was discussed here in the past, however I cannot remember the route number. Anyone know or remember it. I am thinking it was RT. 39, however I am not sure. We will be leaving for NC if the hurricane decides to go out to sea.. I am tired of I-81

Thanks in advance..
Joe W.

·
Registered
7,524 Posts
If you're looking for parallel to I81 try 219 or 220.

If you're looking for twisties back and forth across the mountains 39 is nice, but nearby 250 might just be my new favourite. (and much of it is freshly repaved)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I know this subject route was discussed here in the past, however I cannot remember the route number. Anyone know or remember it. I am thinking it was RT. 39, however I am not sure. We will be leaving for NC if the hurricane decides to go out to sea.. I am tired of I-81

Thanks in advance..
Joe W.
Joe I hope this helps a bit...

You said 39, it is a very good road, and at Marlinton there's a good Motel that has a good restaurant in it... The Marlinton Motor Motel

Here some real good roads if you plan on staying a wile...

[FONT=&quot]All of them are exceptionally good motorcycling roads…

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-2
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-3
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-4
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-14
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-15
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-20
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-28
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-39
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-41
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-92
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-19 - Yep the same one that runs down near the Dragon and is so good down in GA…
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-33
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-50
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-52
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-60
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-119
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-219
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-250

[/FONT]Not to many states can include their interstate highways in with their twisties...
[FONT=&quot]I-64/77
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I-79
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I-68
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]And then there’s the thousands or back roads that are just as good as these are…
[/FONT]
Not knowing what part of PA you'll be coming out of, 219 is a very good NS road and 19 comes out of PA and goes all the way into FL...

If you need or want any information, please just PM me and I'll do what I can to help...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe I hope this helps a bit...

You said 39, it is a very good road, and at Marlinton there's a good Motel that has a good restaurant in it... The Marlinton Motor Motel

Here some real good roads if you plan on staying a wile...

[FONT=&quot]All of them are exceptionally good motorcycling roads…

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-2
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-3
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-4
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-14
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-15
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-20
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-28
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-39
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-41
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WV SR-92
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-19 - Yep the same one that runs down near the Dragon and is so good down in GA…
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-33
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-50
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-52
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-60
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-119
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-219
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US-250

[/FONT]Not to many states can include their interstate highways in with their twisties...
[FONT=&quot]I-64/77
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I-79
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I-68
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]And then there’s the thousands or back roads that are just as good as these are…
[/FONT]
Not knowing what part of PA you'll be coming out of, 219 is a very good NS road and 19 comes out of PA and goes all the way into FL...

If you need or want any information, please just PM me and I'll do what I can to help...

Thanks guys, I will print these off. We will be leaving Penn State and heading for Sparta, NC. for the weekend. However we are in no big hurry to get there and would like to see some the country side. We rode from Sparta, NC to Front Royal, Va. on the Parkway and Skyline Dr. on our way back home. Took us 13 hrs. for an 8 hr. trip via Interstates.
Thanks again,
Joe W.

·
Registered
863 Posts
i rode 220 from asheboro nc to new york this summer. great road! the road changes it's name a couple times though.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Cardinal has given you a treasure trove. But I don't think even a flat lander would call interstates twisty, although ours do have curves, they are still relatively boring for motorcyle travel and still relatively crowded during business hours. I would probably go with 219 and then pick-up 19 in VA if it were all new to me.

prs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts