GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I are on a short vacation so we pulled the Hannigan up to Atlanta, over to Camp Lejeune and will pull it home in a day or two. For those that don't know, I may have lost a pound or two in the last year (MAY HAVE). It must make tremendous difference as on our entire trip I've been having people blow their horns, wave, take pictures, etc. I'm scared to lose more weight as they might try to pull me over! :joke:

For those that have never pulled a good looking trailer on a long trip, be prepared for a little/lot of attention. (Lee)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
:lol:
Wife and I are on a short vacation so we pulled the Hannigan up to Atlanta, over to Camp Lejeune and will pull it home in a day or two. For those that don't know, I may have lost a pound or two in the last year (MAY HAVE). It must make tremendous difference as on our entire trip I've been having people blow their horns, wave, take pictures, etc. I'm scared to lose more weight as they might try to pull me over! :joke:

For those that have never pulled a good looking trailer on a long trip, be prepared for a little/lot of attention. (Lee)
I just picked mine up at the factory a few weeks ago. The admiration from almost everyone that sees it is incredible. I bought partly as a result of your comments and several others on this site. The guys at the factory are great.

Pictures are at the factory in Murray, KY in front of the show room

Attachments

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Lots of folks have good taste!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I don't have one but I think it is the best looking trailer on the road by far

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
What we get a kick out of is pulling into a camp ground with our Bunkhouse Camper.
People wonder what it is and we tell them a popup camper.
They stay there just to see, in amazement, as we set it up.
Cann't believe something that big, can come out of the trailer.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I just rode my rig down to Fl. and back to Pa. I was a huge hit with my Hannigan. People were hollering at me as I went down the beach, in a nice way. At a red light a Harley came in behind me. In my mirror I could see his wife taking my picture. She gave me the thumbs up so I guess they wern't laughing at me. Wings are cool but the Hannigan is over the top.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Bucfan, now that does look good. If I may, answer if you can, what are getting in mpg, where did you buy, and how much?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
love your trailer better then mine

Nice looking for sure...........I don't have a Hannigan.........But I tow a not-so-nice trailer a few times a season when I'm doing bike stuff during the riding season..

Ronnie

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bucfan, now that does look good. If I may, answer if you can, what are getting in mpg, where did you buy, and how much?
I did not check my MPG this trip. I have checked before and the trailer was costing me about 1 MPG IIRC. My final leg on this trip was from Jacksonville to Lakeland...238 miles. I was racing the rain at 80 MPH the entire way so I 'd bet the 80 MPH has far more impact on my MPG than the trailer. I bought my trailer that had very little use from a gentleman in Texas that was no longer able to ride. I got it at a great price. I'm guessing my trailer new is $4000+ish. I'm sure someone can be more specific. Great trailer.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

For those that have never pulled a good looking trailer on a long trip, be prepared for a little/lot of attention. (Lee)[/QUOTE

Hopefully we will get the same attention on our ride:thumbup: photo.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
Got the phone call today that my new trailer is going in for paint this weekend. I cannot wait to get it and start to pull it and see what kind of attention it gets. ​Mine will be black with the red flames. [HR][/HR]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I did not check my MPG this trip. I have checked before and the trailer was costing me about 1 MPG IIRC. My final leg on this trip was from Jacksonville to Lakeland...238 miles. I was racing the rain at 80 MPH the entire way so I 'd bet the 80 MPH has far more impact on my MPG than the trailer. I bought my trailer that had very little use from a gentleman in Texas that was no longer able to ride. I got it at a great price. I'm guessing my trailer new is $4000+ish. I'm sure someone can be more specific. Great trailer.
Hannigan has the price and options on their website.
http://www.hannigantrikes.com/products/sierra-trailer/

·
Registered
704 Posts
You may get used to it, but the attention never stops. These wing/trailer combinations get A LOT of attention. You will get thumbs up from vehicles all the way down the road. You will find that sometimes you can't even get out of the gas station when you stop for gas because of answering questions about your rig. You have a beautiful combo there. Be safe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts