GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Was it just me or did anyone else get a queezy feeling after seeing that?

Dep

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I too have seen it before but in the first run through looking from the driver's eyes, I never saw the motorcycle light approaching. I believe it was a public safety service message on British TV as evidence of people driving on the "wrong" side of the road. It was staged and no one was injured, but yes, I too felt a little queezy after seeing it. Not the best lunch time video.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Gosh... all i can say ... is OUCH... I always check very close for bikers..
maybe they should play that video .. when you get your driver license renewed..

cosmic

G

·
cosmic_chariot said:
Gosh... all i can say ... is OUCH... I always check very close for bikers..
maybe they should play that video .. when you get your driver license renewed..

cosmic
Yup, also said they don't teach cycle safety enough in drivers Ed today.
Most young (new) drivers are train to look for other cages only.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
If you look closelt at the video at the beginning ,,ther is NO bike in sight....but if you look at it later,,there is a bike visible,,,,that isnt a true video,,,but a computer enhanced video....but it is good for training purposes .......

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
goldwinghen3 said:
If you look closelt at the video at the beginning ,,ther is NO bike in sight....but if you look at it later,,there is a bike visible,,,,that isnt a true video,,,but a computer enhanced video....but it is good for training purposes .......
Of course its computer enhanced. Would you volunteer to ride the bike to make it a real video. Nevertheless, it is very instructional.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Dep said:

Dep
NO it wasn't just you, I felt that jolt in the pit of my stomach too. T.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Dep said:

Dep
Yeah. A bit too real...

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Watching that video, I imagined a yellow 1800 with 4 bright white lights on and 2 bright yellow ones shining down low.

My money says the odds of him seeing that bike would be much greater than the smaller bike in the video with it's one wimpy headlight.

Makes me feel a little safer.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
trialsman said:
Watching that video, I imagined a yellow 1800 with 4 bright white lights on and 2 bright yellow ones shining down low.

My money says the odds of him seeing that bike would be much greater than the smaller bike in the video with it's one wimpy headlight.

Makes me feel a little safer.
Hey Trialsman,
That's about the same light that came on in my head when I saw that little yellow headlight in the second look. Can't MAKE em look, but sure can MAKE me hard to miss. :)
DC

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Looking twice works all ways....the rider could have noted the potential hazard and looked for a way out before the car pulled out.

Not something we want to hear.

·
Registered
261 Posts
:( Ouch, actor or not, i'm actually upset after watching that. I'm going to
take trialsrider's advice, the 4 lights on my white wing are on and i'm going to get some hei foglights, anyone have an aircraft landing light hanging around for sale? kev

1 - 17 of 17 Posts