GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Southern Maryland; I very rarely see another goldwing. Whats the deal?
I'm free most days to ride, send me a pm and we'll go for the twisties in southern Calvert.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Lots of Wings in Central and Western Maryland. You should come up to the Hagerstown area, and then shoot off to Pa., Cumberland, or W.Virginia sometime... great riding and you'll meet plenty of GL1800 riders.

I live in Southern Maryland; I very rarely see another goldwing. Whats the deal?
I'm free most days to ride, send me a pm and we'll go for the twisties in southern Calvert.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I was kidding (at first), but if you truly ride exactly the posted 55 on I270 you are asking to get killed! Riding "defensively" will get you killed real fast, I kid you not! Riding in a controlled, but OFFENSIVE mode is the only way to survive long term on the street, especially around here!!! :22yikes:

I'm in Urbana so it's a little further.....40 min is doing the posted speed limits which I ALWAYS ABIDE BY! 

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was kidding (at first), but if you truly ride exactly the posted 55 on I270 you are asking to get killed! Riding "defensively" will get you killed real fast, I kid you not! Riding in a controlled, but OFFENSIVE mode is the only way to survive long term on the street, especially around here!!! :22yikes:
Yeah I was kidding too......I'm well aware of the idiots in cages doing 90 on the highways around here weaving in and out of traffic driving aggressively. Lets just say I have a rather "spirited" pace when I ride.......:doorag:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well...I'm in Frederick and ride to DC most days! I have an '02 that I've put 178,000 miles on and now a '08 trike I've put 6,000 miles on since July. A bunch of us will be at the "Lead Pencil Run" in Solomans, Md. this coming weekend! Look us up! :yes1:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't even paying attention to this thread. I guess there are a few, but I guess most are up North. Going on a ride in St. Mary's County tomorrow if anybody wants to go. Pm

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Missing a digit on your phone number. You can pm it to me, if you don't want it public. I'm off every day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts