GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Temps on my ride today ranged from 75 F to 95 F, and the ride was all in the afternoon.
Head south!!

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Yepp Peeeeeee!

time to pull out the "ole" snow skies, and head to the slopes!

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Pity you fr Northerners. I cannot even begin to fathom putting the bike away at the end of September. Here in KY, even wimps should be able to tolerate the cool weather till end of November to mid December. Even when living in Syracuse NY back in the 71970s, it was tolerable till mid November. Just seems like. rip off for y'all. LOL

Today, I am headed to Louisville, then to down around TN near Columbia, KY. All total, about 250 miles, and the temp is supposed to reach 95. I say enjoy every mile while we can.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hey, it's high plains Alberta.
I see you're back up to sunny and 8C by Wednesday with strong SW winds.
You know very well it will be gone by then :wink2:

·
Registered
83 Posts
36 F here this morning, but it's supposed to get into the 40s. Wasn't a bad ride, and the snow from the weekend melted off my road. The season isn't over until the road is iced over for winter.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
We got it in Montana too. But it will clear up an we'll be riding again for a little while at least. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, it's high plains Alberta.
I see you're back up to sunny and 8C by Wednesday with strong SW winds.
You know very well it will be gone by then /forums/images/GL1800riders_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
correct, rode till Dec 23rd last year. Here’s hoping for a chinook.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Dang . . . and here I am looking forward to another winter here in Southern California.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to tough it out here in the 60's and 70's.

>:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, we got below 100 today (99), but had scattered showers. Supposed to stay just a hair below 100 for the next week as well. When I ride I try to start early and get home around noon before it gets too hot.

This is the hottest September ever recorded here. Most days over 100. Could you all send us just a little cool air? Thanks

·
Registered
678 Posts
It looks like the riding season for us northerners is over.
I hope not. I'm heading for Delaware next Monday. I'll admit that I have given up on the Manitoba route...and I won't risk the Wyoming option either.

Rapid City...here I come!!

:grin2:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts