GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For this year anyway....

6 to 10 inches of snow today. Blizzard warnings on the radio this morning. It'll be awhile before the bike sees pavement :mad1:

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Gosh it has gotten cold here today... high is forecasted to be only 55 degrees... but do not fret... Tuesday's forecast is suppose to be 73..
YEAHHH !

Gosh I love the south.. because we have a 12 month riding season... :p
in fact... we plan to ride tomorrow ....

cosmic

B

·
0 Posts
8" of snow since 4:00 AM today, high winds and more snow on the way. I'm enjoying a nice snow day - I can't get to my office because the roads haven't been plowed as yet.

Now that it's noon, it's time to fire up the blender and have a few Margaritas in celebration of the onset of winter here in frozen tundra land.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
It's windy and cold in KY today. Told the wife, if we ever move again, it's south of I-20.....I hate the cold..

W

·
0 Posts
White Wing said:
For this year anyway....

6 to 10 inches of snow today. Blizzard warnings on the radio this morning. It'll be awhile before the bike sees pavement :mad1:
Hey Pat,
The way our weather has been this late in the reason, 50 and 60's for Thanksgiving and deer hunting, I feel that we're finally live in Wisconsin with some snow.

I figured we weren't going to ride much more anyway.

Snowthrower works great though............ :snow1: :snow1: :snow1:

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
We probably only got about 3 - 4 over here as we were on the fringe.

Took the bike down off the Pit Bull today after the final cleaning and put it at the side of the garage and covered it up with the battery tender hooked up and Sea Foam in the tank.

I am hoping the roads let us ride out of WI again in March as we are going to ride to AZ then over to the Texas get together in the spring.

But it will be a long 3 1/2 months for sure.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Hey, who turned summer off? My pool water is down to 74*F this morning! Do you have any idea how cold that is to a Floridian??? :shock:

Anyway, I sucked it up and swam some laps, it took a whole lap to get that chill off me. 8)

·
Registered
153 Posts
White Wing, you must have kept all that snow in the lower part of the state. Here in Stevens Point we still have bare pavement but did get a few flurries today. But is it ever cold! The RV lot in Yuma sure is looking good about now; I sent our neighbors there some Wisconsin brats and they had the nerve to email me about the big outdoor party on the barbie they had with them. :( Wait till I get even!
Claudia
www.itchyhitch.com

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Rode today. (46 degrees)

Still no snow up here in New England. (NH)

It's been running around 50 for high, but starting to cool down.

G

·
0 Posts
I sometimes wish I lived up north where it snowed so I could put the wing up for the winter and spend hours upon hours cleaning it up for the next riding season instead of having to ride all year long and never getting to spend hours upon hours cleaning it up. On second thought, never mind.

·
Registered
143 Posts
let it snow

I was humbled just moments ago by the photos of one our Alaska bretheren with pictures of his wing with studded tires. I didn't know you could do that or better yet would want to. Let's all be safe out there. Tom

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
We rode yesterday... it was a tad cool in the morning... 49 degrees.. but it warmed up nicely by noon... 55 degrees... we had a nice lunch..(shrimp & crab gumbo... and salmon steak / sweet potatoe fries with a nice salad)
after we went to Cafe du Monde for coco and beignets...

gosh I sure love the south.. because I like riding all year long...

cosmic

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Total of 14" of snow here on Friday.

Maybe this is the reason some put car tires on the 1800 ??

IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET SNOW TIRES!!

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
I am so sorry...I just returned from a 556 mile trip...face is slightly sunburned, but creased with that Gold Wing smile...I think about moving back up North...I think, then I think...I just rode all weekend...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Nope not done here! :D Only 6 - 8" of sunshine with plenty of riding. Rode all day yesterday. Went out this morning for a long ride to a buffet breakfast on the bay :eat2: and the only thing cutting riding short today is the requirement to finish an assignment due tomorrow for my MBA program :( No more school though till January after tomorrow so lots more riding in the coming weeks. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts