GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only is the diet a good thing to help me physically, it's good for more MPG's. Last fall, I checked the MPG's, & we had 37.4. Today we rode for over 180 miles. I just checked it, & we're getting 39.30 MPG. Almost 2 miles more may not be much, but it sure makes me feel better. As of this morning, I've lost 38 lbs. Still have a long way to go, but I'm going in the right direction. It almost feels like the Wing has more horses than it did.

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
I never thought of mileage - another benefit. Have you noticed how much better the bike handles too? I've lost over 80lbs. At the big 300 I was noticing how much better the bike handled when the gas tank was near empty. I'm excited now that I'm so much lighter than I was last summer: not just because I'm off the Lipitor and diabetes meds and feel so much better, but also the Wing will be so much nicer. I think the hynie should be able to handle a lot more miles too since it doesn't have so much weight on it. The WingSoft Large seat will help too!

:congrats:

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
keep up the great work Verdayne !

how many pounds would u need to loose to get 43 MPG ?

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it makes it that much easier on the bike, think what it's doing for your heart.
Yeah, & also the blood pressure. I went to the Dr. this week, & he told me to stop taking the HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE 25 MG TQUA, & the LISINOPRIL 20 MG LUP immediately. I've noticed in the last couple of weeks while relaxing in the evening, that I feel extremely tired with no strength. I checked my BP, & it was down to 91/55, with an irregular heart rate of 57. The Dr. says my heart & body is adjusting to the change of eating habits, & should return to normal in a few weeks. I have no problems at all during the day, & while working, walking, or doing normal activities, but only during relaxed times. THANK YOU ALL, FOR YOUR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT! IT REALLY MEANS A LOT.

·
Mild Hog
585 Posts
Wow, Great work guys. My Son has lost 52lbs since Dec. He was at 390LB LBS ! I had no idea, some people carry weight better than others.
I lost 30lbs 10yrs ago and have kept it off. Keep it going!:congrats:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Yeah, & also the blood pressure. I went to the Dr. this week, & he told me to stop taking the HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE 25 MG TQUA, & the LISINOPRIL 20 MG LUP immediately. I've noticed in the last couple of weeks while relaxing in the evening, that I feel extremely tired with no strength. I checked my BP, & it was down to 91/55, with an irregular heart rate of 57. The Dr. says my heart & body is adjusting to the change of eating habits, & should return to normal in a few weeks. I have no problems at all during the day, & while working, walking, or doing normal activities, but only during relaxed times. THANK YOU ALL, FOR YOUR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT! IT REALLY MEANS A LOT.
I need to do this too...PM me your approach? I've been struggling with this for so long... Congrats to this accomplishment. VERY good for you and yours, never mind the MPG!:thumbup:

B

·
0 Posts
My wife lost 60 lbs over a 2 year period. I was shocked how much difference it made on the handling and everyday use of the bike. Now it is my turn and I am down 30lbs, with a lot more to go. Best wishes to all who are trying to lose weight. It is hard especially when we get into our traditions and habits.

The results are worth it. Feel better, look better and live longer.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Losing weight and the health benefits that come with it doesn't require a diet and depriving yourself of food...it takes a lifestyle change...a change in what types of foods you eat and daily exercise.

But, I have never noticed any difference with the fuel mileage with my Wing between riding solo and riding two up.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Verdayne............Congratulations.......

I'm thinking that if talking about weight loss is positive reinforcement, Maybe we should have a weight loss forum ???? Maybe a "healthy riding forum" or something that would give us reason to support each other.

I'm always going to eat right "tomorrow". But, tomorrow never comes.......

Live for today, die tomorrow............

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
:congrats: Congrats... I have lost 27 pounds in the last 2 months for our wellness progam at work which ended last week...but a co-worker and I agreed to keep going ...as we like our results so far .

I eat a Healthy Choice meal for lunch every day... but next week we
are going to cheat and have a huge cheese steak sandwich with double meat....should be good...then I'll feel guilty afterward....."NOT !!!!"

I want to loose another 20-25 then I'll be back close to my Army days...woo hoo !

I'm wearing cloths that I haven't worn in a few years and I feel better too... I also drink a whey protien shake every morning..Multi vitamins,
Gensing complex for a natural energy , tea extract ,Tonalin CLA and just finished a 30 day cleanse :? , truthfully I feel like Im 27-29 yrs old again...I also am taking Vitrix as testosterone boost .... mixed bag there
because it makes you [email protected]%ey and agressive at times and have very vivid dreams...but I like it because it's natural and no synthetic crap in it.... 6 capulets a day...:22yikes:

But getting back to posters statement... yes I agree , the Wing seems lighter on it's feet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts