GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 gl1800 and lost my radio control on the Lt side of fairing, check fuses and they check out OK. It still shows screen like the radio is turn off but when turning it on it doesn't. I did check SW with om meter and it appears to be working as design, had this happen a couple of time after washing bike and it returned to normal operation in less of a day, check all connection for water contamination and none was found, any Body had this happen and might have any Idea where to go or is the control bad?
thanks for any Idea Jeff:shrug:

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I have a 2007 gl1800 and lost my radio control on the Lt side of fairing, check fuses and they check out OK. It still shows screen like the radio is turn off but when turning it on it doesn't. I did check SW with om meter and it appears to be working as design, had this happen a couple of time after washing bike and it returned to normal operation in less of a day, check all connection for water contamination and none was found, any Body had this happen and might have any Idea where to go or is the control bad?
thanks for any Idea Jeff:shrug:
You are talking about the CB I take it. There are two connections for it that need to be checked. One is under the seat near the rear trunk and the other, more common to have the problem, is farther up under the top shelter near where your right knee would be. You have to take the shelter loose to get to it, but the shelter does not have to come off.
Is the display showing anythingt like "CB ERROR" or anything else?
Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not the CB. my regular AM\FM radio, I don't have a CB. Will not turn on will not allow me to to use Aux for my XM. Thanks for your help if you have any Ideas.:shrug:

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I would recommend taking the top shelter loose and removing and re-seating both of the large connectors near the radio. If that does not rectify the problem, I would take it to a dealer. While you are in there, double check the antenna. It is not causing this problem but just to make sure so you don't have to go back in later.
I just realized you said the controls were on the left side. Do you have an airbag model bike? If so I don't know where the two large connectors are loacted on your bike.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
A mild short circuit (<10Kohm), induced by the water ingress, on any switch is enough to shut down all the controls. Keep the pressure spray off the hand controls (including your unused CB switches) ...

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
:agree::agree::agree:

When ever I wash the Wing.
I LIGHTLY blow compressed air from a distance of about two feet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts