GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While out and about this weekend I had a problem with the headlights on my 08.

Sometime during the day Friday my headlights quit working, both high and lo beams. Everything else on the bike was working fine, tail, brake, running, dash, etc. Just no headlights.:evil:

Checked all the fuses, and swapped all the relays with it's neighbor, and no joy. Shook, pulled, turned, twisted and otherwise looked for bad connections. Still no lights.

Finally at 11:30 pm I give up and hit the sack (sleeping bag on the side) to wait for daylight to get back to town.

Up at 06:30 :coffee1:and the lights are working fine!!!!!!:confused:

Rode all day yesterday and today, stopping often to check, and no problem.

Now I'm not one to look a gift in the eyeball, but geezzze!! I'm also not wanting to spend many more nights camping out because my lights crapped out again. Any ideas??:shrug:

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,566 Posts
Lube the starter switch.... that fixed the same issue with my bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lube the starter switch.... that fixed the same issue with my bike.
Thanks for the post and info also. I've had the same issue but never out that long. Dealer said sense they couldn't duplicate it they didn't know what to say it could be. :thumbup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW!!
That makes perfect sense, but had not even considered it on my own.

All that time I was swaping things out I was not using the starter button, just turning on the key and looking for lights.

When I finally gave up and started the bike the next morning (exercising the starter switch) they started working!

You guys are awsome.:bow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts