GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day that I have lost one of the little thingies that cover up the bolts that attach the clutch fluid resevoir to the handlebar. I don't know what they are called. There is also one on the right side that covers the bolts that attach the front brake resevoir to the handlebar. The are about 2 inches long and about 1/2 inch wide.

Can anyone tell me what these covers are called? Also, should I be in any rush to replace the one that fell off?

Thanks.

·
Registered
762 Posts
No rush. I took the one off the clutch side to add a RAM mount and seem to have lost it - for the past two years.

In my parts catalog for my 2003 it's listed as:
45553-MAM-A60: Cap, brake master cylinder holder

HTH,
Arthur

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
One of mine was removed when I mounted the butler and the other bounced off my7 wrist as I rode down the interstate. Both about 4 years ago and have not been replaced. Maybe that explains the wobble.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jim,
They're called 'cap brake master cylinder holder' They're both the same. Number is: 45553-MAM-A60
Hal's number is 5171876

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I put double RAM mounts on mine. Those little plastic things almost fell off when I touched them. They are only on there to cover the bolt heads so it looks "nice".

If you plan on using a cup holder, MP3 player, GPS, cell phone holder, etc., you might as well get ready. Just RAM it!
http://cyclegadgets.com/Products/RAM/?Item=RAM

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I lost my "Thingies" and replaced them with chrome "Thingies". I did put some silicone in the hole to help keep them in place.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Jim B. said:
Can anyone tell me what these covers are called? Also, should I be in any rush to replace the one that fell off?
"Thingies" works just fine. If you ask the service manager at your local dealer, one of the wrenches might have one laying around somewhere. Hey, it worked for me!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Great White Wing said:
PM me with your address. I have one you can have.

Don't know if the left and right are different but I doudt it, mine came off the left side.
I think they may be different. I seem to remember trying to put my left thingy on the right side and it didn't work. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, though.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would that be the crush washers that come in the bottle with the gold cap or the red cap?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts