GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a newly installed Doran 360M on my trike and having problem after problem with the back left wheel.

I keep getting an error "lost signal" - I've had 3 different brand new sensors on it and actually changed the valve steam. Same brand valve stem, metal furnished by Doran - just a different one.

I get a lost signal about 18 minutes (the unit is set to go three 6 minute cycles, before it will give a sensor failure) after I start riding, and the error stays on (red light and three " - " for that transducer) until I stop. Then the Doran receiver/brain immediately (from seconds up to about 2 minutes) finds the "lost" transducer signal, and I get 3 good tire pressures. I have NEVER got an error while stopped or the trike shut down. The system is on constant power - always on.

I have HID head lamps and there are complaints of RF/EMF noise from the ballast/drivers, but if this was the cause of it, it would crash the front and right wheel, which have NEVER failed.

Anybody have similar issues with the Doran 360M? Would like to hear from you.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
My friend and I have the same system on our bikes. My dad has that system on his trike. We have never had that problem in the last 3 or 4 years unless a sensor was getting weak which does not seem to be the case with you. We also run HID lights on our bikes. We have also run with the sensors inside and outside of the tire with positive results each way.
Good luck!

Kurt

sent from my Galaxy S4 using Taptalk

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
If the bike is parked and the valve stem is in a specific location, I've had the Doran not be able to pickup the sensor. I've only had this happen twice in the four years I've been using the system. Simply rolling the bike just a few inches resolved the issue.

I've never had an issue while riding though.
I have a newly installed Doran 360M on my trike and having problem after problem with the back left wheel.

I keep getting an error "lost signal" - I've had 3 different brand new sensors on it and actually changed the valve steam. Same brand valve stem, metal furnished by Doran - just a different one.

I get a lost signal about 18 minutes (the unit is set to go three 6 minute cycles, before it will give a sensor failure) after I start riding, and the error stays on (red light and three " - " for that transducer) until I stop. Then the Doran receiver/brain immediately (from seconds up to about 2 minutes) finds the "lost" transducer signal, and I get 3 good tire pressures. I have NEVER got an error while stopped or the trike shut down. The system is on constant power - always on.

I have HID head lamps and there are complaints of RF/EMF noise from the ballast/drivers, but if this was the cause of it, it would crash the front and right wheel, which have NEVER failed.

Anybody have similar issues with the Doran 360M? Would like to hear from you.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
If you can't move the problem wheel sensor to the other side, in other words, move the problem from one side to the other; then it's probably not the sensor. I would start with the receiver. See if you can swap it with someone to trouble shoot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts