GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like every new piece of technology there seems to be a Number of Manufacturers vs. Cost of Unit curve. Seems like every where you looked this holiday season someone was advertising a no name low dollar GPS. Could this be the beginning of a major price slide on GPS units? If a person was thinking about buying one (especially those in colder climates) I wonder if it would pay to wait closer to riding season to see what washes out.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
The GPS models change often, real often. So, waiting is a never ending game if your waiting for the best and the greatest. Or, if your on the other end and looking for the cheapest, best deal. Both ends play the same way. Find what you want and then get it or your wait will be never ending.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
wv_wingman said:
Like every new piece of technology there seems to be a Number of Manufacturers vs. Cost of Unit curve. Seems like every where you looked this holiday season someone was advertising a no name low dollar GPS. Could this be the beginning of a major price slide on GPS units?
Look how the prices of plasma and LCD displays have dropped over the past year or so. Look how much top-line notebook computers, such as Dell, have dropped over the past year or so. I'd be willing to bet the same thing will happen with the GPS market. The key to this though, will be the quality of the low-priced GPS devices hitting the market in the next year.

I can remember paying nearly $1000 for a nice new StarTac cell phone a few years ago..., now they're giving them away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts