GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just added the JM blue hub corded adaptor to my 2020 DCT tour. It paired like it was suppose to, all seems to work like it should, except that I have a loud hiss, background noise. I can turn the volume all the way off, so I hear no music, and I still hear the hiss very loudly. I can turn the volume up to about 6 or 7 and the music "overcomes" the hiss, but under that volume it is very noticeable. I tried adjusting headset volume, the volume on the Blue hub itself, basically all of the volume controls that I could find and am unable to get rid of the loud hiss.
Any suggestions??
I went with the Blue hub as I have several corded headsets and several helmets with corded headsets, and didn't want to go down the worm hole of buying blue tooth sets and trying to make them work, and this way I don't have to worry about keeping anything charged, especially if on a trip. Got the Blue Hub at a great price and it was a breeze to install.
Jimmy in Texarkana

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called J & M, they said that I would hear some background noise, but I think that this is more than just light background noise. Its pretty loud. If anyone else has the Blu hub corded adaptor, do you hear what I am hearing?

·
Registered
280 Posts
a hiss isn't right, do the bike speaker have the same hiss, hiss is generally a over modulated output or a plug not inserted 100%

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NO, the speakers do not have a hiss, only when I plug in the headset do I hear the hiss. Also, hear it when I plug in my corded ear buds. I will unplug the unit and make sure everthing is seated well and see if that changes anything.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The GL15 had a little noise reducing gadget attached to the alternator. IDK what, if anything, the 1832 had to compensate for electrical noise in the wired headsets.

There are a lot of electronics on this bike. If the noise is so bad it makes the system virtually unusable, there is no amount of tinkering you can do to fix it. Maybe that is why so few people on the 2018 forum use one. If you can get a refund, you should do it. Use the money for a pair of Cardo Packtalk Bolds with JBL speakers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have sent an email to J & M technical services outlining what my situation is, we shall see what they say.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heard back from J&M, said that the noise I am hearing is normal amplifier noise from the unit. If anyone here has this unit, can you tell me if you are hearing the same thing please.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you have the knob on the blue hub turned up too far? Sometimes when I am gettin a hiss turning this knob down helps

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
J&M had me turn headset volume all the way up and all the way down, very loud background noise with volume all the way up and decreases as you turn the volume down. There is a point where the headset background goes away, but I still have a very loud ambient "hiss" even with the volume all the way "off". Do you hear any ambient noise with your volume all the way off?
On my Harley, when I turned the volume of the radio to mute or "0", I didn't hear any noise at all. With this unit, with headset volume on Blue Hub at "off", and radio at 0, I still hear a loud ambient hiss.
Let me know what you are hearing please.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts