GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
WOW!!

Isn't that one of the signs that Nostradamus claimed (in his quadrangle, triangle or dipsy-do-dangl ... ??) that would herald the eve of destruction???

Hmmmm ..... on second thought ......... maybe it was Dylan.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I was wondering if they would be around very much this year due to the drought. What a goofy life to have. Flying along, having some fun with your partner then, bam, smeered on a windshield.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's goofy?!?!?!?

OK ... well maybe the windshield thing........

·
Administrator
3,713 Posts
Well, that just tears it! No lovebugs for me. I think I'll just get up early Saturday morning and light out for Utah and Colorado for a little over a week to let the lovebugs go away.

Walt, wanna come? Maybe we can talk MD11Pilot into joining us on the way, somewhere around Wichita Falls, and perhaps getting Tom Finch and a bunch of his Tailwind buddies to meet us, say in Cedar City, Utah on Sunday evening for a week of fun and games. We might even tour a bunch of Utah's parks and then head over to Colorado for a few days.

What a great idea! I'm glad I thought of it, and all because of a few lovebugs.:lol:

Glen

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Well, that just tears it! No lovebugs for me. I think I'll just get up early Saturday morning and light out for Utah and Colorado for a little over a week to let the lovebugs go away.

Walt, wanna come? Maybe we can talk MD11Pilot into joining us on the way, somewhere around Wichita Falls, and perhaps getting Tom Finch and a bunch of his Tailwind buddies to meet us, say in Cedar City, Utah on Sunday evening for a week of fun and games. We might even tour a bunch of Utah's parks and then head over to Colorado for a few days.

What a great idea! I'm glad I thought of it, and all because of a few lovebugs.:lol:

Glen
Or y'all could just pick up some hot dogs and marshmallows and swing through Bastrop for a little campfire fun.:eek:4:

·
Administrator
3,713 Posts
Jerry, are y'all still dodging that bullet? That's a horrible experience, and my heart goes out to all of you who are in danger. I was thrilled to see the responses and offers of help from the forum members.

I was glad to see that you got the dogs and horses out, even though the powers-that-be didn't want to let you in.

Glen

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Jerry, are y'all still dodging that bullet? That's a horrible experience, and my heart goes out to all of you who are in danger. I was thrilled to see the responses and offers of help from the forum members.

I was glad to see that you got the dogs and horses out, even though the powers-that-be didn't want to let you in.

Glen
So far, no new word on where we stand. There is a public meeting in about 30 minutes to discuss reentry plans. Maybe I will learn something then. Until then, I'm just trying to keep a good attitude about it all. We are definitely more fortunate than some of the others.

Have a safe trip to Utah

Jerry

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi Glen,

We are heading over to the Bastrop Convention Center to see what the re-entry plan is. The authorities finally figured out all the holes the locals were running through and plugged them up, so no more recon missions. The ones that are in are staying, the ones that are out are out until we get the ok.

The first list of losses in our subdivision are published and our house is not amongst the casualties, but it is only a partial list. Our neighbors north and south of us snuck back in and stayed to fight the fires. I hope they were successful. Their properties are not on the list either so far...

Keep those prayers coming

Suzie

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glen, i'm in. Even thought it has cooled off a bit I need to get out and ride. CO, AZ, NM sounds like fun to me. I need to put some miles on the new Kuhmo to see if I'm really going to like it.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Just sighted a pair of love bugs in NE Houston. More to come.[/QUOTE\

We have been seeing them around Florida for the past two weeks. On time as usual. Have to stock up on the peroxide.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts

Glen
If you'll stay south going or come south headed I'll meet you and make a US 191 run for a good hamburger at the Bear Wallow in Alpine.

Glen, i'm in. Even thought it has cooled off a bit I need to get out and ride. CO, AZ, NM sounds like fun to me. I need to put some miles on the new Kuhmo to see if I'm really going to like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts