GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it does look like drone footage, but it is on the end of a selfie stick which is secured under my Saddleman luggage. Sticks out about 2 feet or so but looks like the camera is floating besides you.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Unbelieveable doesn't begin to describe what I am feeling.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
What is the brand and model of camera?

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Dang man! What R they going to think of next??? Now that sharp!
What is the name of that camera, and again where is is attached again, please show pic of where you have it on your bike..

Ronnie

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably more info than you want, but....

The camera is the Insta360 ONE X2 Insta360 ONE X2
The camera has two lens which allows it to record in 360 degress all at once. This is useful for two reasons. One is for allowing you to change your angle or focus point like I did when making "regular" videos to be played on TVs, website etc. The second is for making 360 degree VR videos which I'll post an example below. The VR allows you to pan in any direction while playing it - either via your mouse or by moving your cell phone.

The camera gets mounted on an adjustable 1-4 foot pole ("selfie stick") Insta360 Store: The Official Store for Insta360 Cameras, Accessories and Services

The stick sites directly under the bottom of the camera so doesn't get captured by the lens (maybe its only a 359 degree camera?). To get the angles, you can extend the pole to 4 feet, sit on 1 foot of it and have it extend 2-3 feet away from the bike. Doesn't matter what direction the camera is facing or even if it moves/rotates while recording - you choose the aim point afterward and the camera itself keeps the horizon in the same place if it were to rotate while recording.

Here is a VR video. Try playing it and moving it around with your mouse as it plays. Better yet, bring it up on your phone and try moving your phone as it plays - turn around 180 degrees to see whats behind you. If you really want to go wild, get some VR glasses and you'll feel like you are on the bike - really!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Probably more info than you want, but....

The camera is the Insta360 ONE X2 Insta360 ONE X2
The camera has two lens which allows it to record in 360 degress all at once. This is useful for two reasons. One is for allowing you to change your angle or focus point like I did when making "regular" videos to be played on TVs, website etc. The second is for making 360 degree VR videos which I'll post an example below. The VR allows you to pan in any direction while playing it - either via your mouse or by moving your cell phone.

The camera gets mounted on an adjustable 1-4 foot pole ("selfie stick") Insta360 Store: The Official Store for Insta360 Cameras, Accessories and Services

The stick sites directly under the bottom of the camera so doesn't get captured by the lens (maybe its only a 359 degree camera?). To get the angles, you can extend the pole to 4 feet, sit on 1 foot of it and have it extend 2-3 feet away from the bike. Doesn't matter what direction the camera is facing or even if it moves/rotates while recording - you choose the aim point afterward and the camera itself keeps the horizon in the same place if it were to rotate while recording.

Here is a VR video. Try playing it and moving it around with your mouse as it plays. Better yet, bring it up on your phone and try moving your phone as it plays - turn around 180 degrees to see whats behind you. If you really want to go wild, get some VR glasses and you'll feel like you are on the bike - really!

Thanks for sharing.......very nice footage and amazing 360º video. Technology is moving so fast and making amazing video capabilities affordable to almost everyone now days.
Something more to spend money on. :LOL:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Holy krap! Diamond Rock! I used to live up there on Clothier Springs. Still ride a lot around there.
Cool! Great riding all around the area! I was trying to put together some footage with Valley Forge but unbeknownst to me the memory card filled up (had planned to empty it before heading out but forgot). So, that is the plan for the next outing once we get a warmer day.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I might have missed it but how is the selfie stick mounted to the bike? that is a cool camera. Have to try to talk the banker getting one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts