GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm enjoying the heck out of my new "Motorrad" (Cayman Blue and White) Nolan N103 helmet. It's my third Nolan (had the N110E and the N102), and this one came from J&M who installed their 584 headset before shipment.

I usually listen to my Aux-wired iPod via the 'Wing's speakers, but freeway speeds make that tough, and Roger at J&M assured me the 584 headset speakers are relatively hi-fi. So far, I agree. My girlfriend also likes the ability to chat without yelling via the intercom.

Question: I have a riding buddy who rides an '05 Yamaha FJR1300, and he wants me to go halves on a pair of Chatterboxes so he and I can talk bike-to-bike during rides. I'm not crazy about the idea of hanging something else off this already-heavy N103 NCOM helmet. Is there another, lower-weight option (besides the Chatterbox) he and I can consider? (I do not have a CB radio.)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey...where is the sunshield on your N102?
BJ,
I removed the external "sunshield" from my N102 after my first ride with it. Why? Noisy, turbulent and ineffective. The N103 internal sunshield eliminates all these problems.

Note: I always wear sunglasses under my helmet while riding, and I switch to clear (non-prescription) glasses at night, just for extra eye protection. I imagine the only times I'll likely use the N103 sunshield is when riding directly into the sun...:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts