GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Goldwing 1800 Premium Audio Comfort Nav ABS 2003 Honda Shadow 600
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one drop the stupid clip that holds the bulb into headlight Assembly? I really don't want to dismantle a motorcycle just to get that stupid clip out. Is there any way just to leave the dang thing inside the assembly maybe zip tie the bulb? I can't be the only one who has done this. :mad:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Grey Font

·
Registered
598 Posts
I thought those clips are "secured" with clamp down and screw?

I replaced my OEM bulbs with HID and never had that issue.

You may have to use a mirror on a stick plus a magnet on a telescoping stick to find and get it out.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Fell inside the headlight assembly? I don't think I've ever heard of that. You can see it through the glass? How and why, would be my question. I know I wasn't thinking one time and changed one while on the kick stand. The way the bike was leaning the clip kept falling in the way of the bulb. I fought it a while but the clip never did fall off. On the center stand it stays open and out of the way.

·
Chard Member
13,225 Posts
Years ago you couldn’t buy just the spring. Don’t know if they offer it now or not.

No tools needed to change a bulb. You don’t remove the clip or mess with the screw. Spring just swings to the side

If it’s magnetic maybe tie a string on a magnet and go fishing inside the light housing.

Good luck

·
GL1800 Doctor
21,134 Posts
well. just my luck. the damn thing fell inside. I just might say screw it. buy new one.
Here’s the part number for it, but I bet you can fish it out with a strong magnet and some luck. The screw on the right in your picture is the pivot screw that should not have let it come completely loose from the assembly.
34904-MCA-A61

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
$4.00 wow, thanks BHways, this is going to be great news for 101

I had my wife get in there with her tiny hands, to change out my last dead bulb, two months ago.. (after reading a UTube video) on how to replace a low beam, on a 1800...

Ronnie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts