GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I didn't know how hard to pull on the wire connector. Get the light in, got a fog light lens to change and just maybe a ride tomorrow, if it doesn't rain or get too windy 18-23 with gust to 28 mph tomorrow here.

·
Registered
721 Posts
make sure you put the bike on the center stand, don't ask me how I know that... lol

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Thank you.......BUT if you have big hands..........good luck!

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Remember, if you think you need tools to remove the assembly from the bike, you're doing it wrong

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
  1. Put bike on centerstand
  2. Remove plug from back of bulb
  3. Remove rubber boot
  4. Release the spring clip by pressing in and down, it will swing out of the way
  5. You can now remove the old bulb
  6. Remove the old bulb from the H4 adapter (black plastic piece on back of bulb)
  7. Be careful not to touch the bulb surface of the new bulb
  8. Insert new bulb into H4 adapter
  9. Insert bulb/adapter assy into the headlight fixture, make sure tab is at top for alignment
  10. Replace spring clip (this is the tricky part) reverse of how it was removed to hold the bulb in place
  11. Replace the rubber boot
  12. Insert the plug into the back of the H4 adapter

·
Registered
9,199 Posts
I spent the additional five minutes removing the meter panel to get a bit more room in the area each time I've done it.

My wife has 80% of our collective experience... :D

ProTip: Change both low beam bulbs at the same time...save the working bulb for use as a spare. A bit of foam and a pill-bottle protects the one I saved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts