GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....thought I would post this before takign my bike to the dealer who is so far away from me. A couple days ago I noticed my low beam lights weren't on and my fog lights also weren't lit. The high beams were lit and I almost always run all lights together. My foglights are wired with the low beam and they are on all the time. I am not certain how the mechanic wired the fog lights to the low beam...I haven't tried to trace this out. Only at night I run low beam and not high. Okay now to my checks :

I removed the seat and checked all fuses in the panel....all were good. Also checked the relay package....exchanged the horn relay with the low beam relay.....the horn relay in the low beam relay slot didn't do anything...no lights...horn worked when I reversed this action.

My question is from this board :

Does anyone know what I may try next...has anyone had this issue with their bike. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any helpful considerate replies.

Cliff

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Possibly, If the Fog Lights are wired through the low beam circuit, and a Low Beam burned out it might have broken the circuit to the fog lights.

Like when the single Christmas Tree Light goes out, and knocks off the whole string.

Would need to know more about how it was wired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts