GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,I tackled the air filter change yesterday,and everything seemed to go well.
After putting everything back together,started the bike,checked all of the functions,along with the radio.
Today, I took it for a ride,an the radio volume is about half of normal.
So before I take it back apart,is there a connector,other than the two that go in the radio,that I may have missed? I felt the connectors snap in on the radio,so think those are good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well,I tackled the air filter change yesterday,and everything seemed to go well.
After putting everything back together,started the bike,checked all of the functions,along with the radio.
Today, I took it for a ride,an the radio volume is about half of normal.
So before I take it back apart,is there a connector,other than the two that go in the radio,that I may have missed? I felt the connectors snap in on the radio,so think those are good.

Havnt had mine that long, but I have changed my air filter also, that is the only two radio plugs, but the right should have been alot harder to click into place . Not sure why, when I got my Wing A few weeks ago the AUX plug in the left pocket didnt work, thought Id change the filter, as I was looking for the other, when raised up the center ( radio area) cover the plug on the right fell out, of the socket, when I put it back together, it was really hard to make it click together, check it !!

I know its alot of work to just check , only thing I can think of!! Sorry

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did check the antenna coax.
No insult,I did check the mute button,cycled it several times.
That is the way the radio acts,tho.
I'll pull it off again,and check the connecters.
Thanks for the feed-back

·
Registered
263 Posts
The radio lost power...check the auto volume setting. Your base and treble will also reset..all of these make a HUGE sound difference when set.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I second the above....:agree:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll check the avc tomorrow.
Really hope it's that simple.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Does the '07 have the tweeters above the main speakers? I had my 2010 apart and when rushing to get everything back together I realized that I had forgot to plug the tweeter wires back in and the rubber boot ended up pressing against the speaker cone limiting the sound to about half normal.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Checked the avc this morning,and alas,twas not it.
Going to wait til it cools off some before I take it back apart.
Yes,my 07 does have the tweeters above the speakers,and I feel sure I got the boots back on right,but in the process of redoing,I will pay close attention to them.
Thanks for the ideas,and I will post what I find when I get back into it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Did you check the bass and trebel settings.??? Cranking em up makes a huge difference on the 06 and above models... Also try turning off the intercom, if that makes a difference, then check icom settings as well...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The radio lost power...check the auto volume setting. Your base and treble will also reset..all of these make a HUGE sound difference when set.
You get the prize!!!
I mis-took the AMB control,for the AVC control,which is accessed by the radio volume knob,not the mode knob! Soooo,I be the dummy here!
Thanks all:bow:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Got it! Thanks. So I hope I don't have to remove all that to get to the air cleaner. Please, say it ain't so.:joke:
That's just the top half. After the shelter you get to remove the ECU and Cruise module a half dozen connectors and then you get to the air cleaner box cover.

It sounds horrible but it is actually not that bad. Just a little time consuming. It will take you all afternoon to change the air filter the first time. About an hour the second time.

Some of us borrow an inspection camera and go in through the air inlet to inspect the filter. Unless you live in a dusty climate 20k to 40k miles seems to be the air filter change interval. I have 30k miles on my current air filter and it still looks good.

R

·
0 Posts
Oh boy! Thanks for the heads up. Guess I will keep on top of it and get a shop manual in the meantime with all the directions.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FWIW, my bike has a little less than 30k on it,and the air filter didn't look too bad,but it got a new one after I took it all apart.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts