GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a low speed wobble after my rally and riding 2500 in four days it is gone. O guess I beatthe bike into submission

·
Registered
75 Posts
Low speed wobble

When you experienced a low speed wobble were you hands free? I experienced this an found that a replacement neck bearing ( all balls) fixed the problem. It won't get better. Just remember to have the new bearing checked again after about 6000 miles just normal wear! My 2 cents! Keep the rubber on the road!

·
Registered
69 Posts
When you experienced a low speed wobble were you hands free? I experienced this an found that a replacement neck bearing ( all balls) fixed the problem. It won't get better. Just remember to have the new bearing checked again after about 6000 miles just normal wear! My 2 cents! Keep the rubber on the road!
I get it too (at low speed and hands free)...is it a "bearing" issue? I was thinking of changing tires 'cause someone suggested "cupping" was a factor.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
I get it too (at low speed and hands free)...is it a "bearing" issue? I was thinking of changing tires 'cause someone suggested "cupping" was a factor.
Yep, to both! Get the alls balls installed and go Darkside, with a Runflat rear car tire. No more wobble! :lol:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
That's the way to do it!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts

No.

Best Wishes :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the wobble was when I was hands free which is not often.

I find that saddle time tightens the nut behind the handle bars....the bike just seems to behave so much better.
You are probley correct there. :bow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts