GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had several Gl 1500 and 1800. I rode my soon to be mine 2012 wing today with the volume control to the max and could moderately hear the radio through my helmet speakers. With the external speakers on it almost blew me off of the bike.
Is this common?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Check "mute" button on left hand control box of handle bar next to horn button.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
eck - mute works on both bike and helmet speakers - so I don't think that's it. (could be wrong though - maybe his bike speakers are really good).

Wobray - no that's not common. Verify your helmet cable is firmly plugged in. I've had low volume because not fully plugged in. Also, switch helmets and downlead cables with another and try that to eliminate that part of the system. Otherwise - new bike - dealer time. The helmet and bike speakers go through separate amps in the radio.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
low volume

I failed to mention that I called J&M with this problem. I was told by their tech support that they have had MANY customers call with the same problem and they have evaluated it and do not see a fix. I have not heard on any forums of this problem though.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Had the same thing last year.

Disconnected the antennnas cleaned the connections.
Went to Home depot and bought a piece of alum
cut it to fit the bottom of the trunk
ran a wire from the antennas to the alum and another wire to the frame.

Volume is loud and clear.

Just my experience
All my advise is intended for entertainment only.

Read the manual or take it to a Honda approved mechanic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts