GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a new Nano. Wife loaded the songs and it's fine with the earphones. When I plug it into the bike all the volumn goes away. You have to put your ear up against the speaker to hear very little. Nano is turned up, speakers on the bike turned up. I'm using the same adapter I got from EC for the ipod. What's wrong? Hard to ride with your ear up against the speaker. Which buttons on the bike need to be on for this to work?

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Joe, Not sure if this is the problem, but make sure your mute button is working properly. Sometimes it hangs up. My ipod works just spiffy either using the aux input or going through the CD emulator system. But I have had a problem with my mute switch hanging up till I took it apart and cleaned all the old Honda grease out of it.

Also, try plugging something else into the input and see if the problem continues. That at least will narrow down which side the problem is at.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe, Not sure if this is the problem, but make sure your mute button is working properly. Sometimes it hangs up. My ipod works just spiffy either using the aux input or going through the CD emulator system. But I have had a problem with my mute switch hanging up till I took it apart and cleaned all the old Honda grease out of it.

Also, try plugging something else into the input and see if the problem continues. That at least will narrow down which side the problem is at.
I'll check the mute but wouldn't that shut off all sound? I can hear the music if I put my ear up to each speaker.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Hey Joe, I have a nano also, works great!! Sometimes when I think I have the plug all the way in, I don't. I push a little harder and it snaps in and all is good.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Joe, I have a nano also, works great!! Sometimes when I think I have the plug all the way in, I don't. I push a little harder and it snaps in and all is good.
THAT"S WHAT IT TOOK. BIGGER HAMMER. FIRED RIGHT UP. THIS TIME I HEARD THE SNAP.THANKS FOR MY SANITY ON OUR VACATION STARTING NEXT SATURDAY.:clap2:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
THAT"S WHAT IT TOOK. BIGGER HAMMER. FIRED RIGHT UP. THIS TIME I HEARD THE SNAP.THANKS FOR MY SANITY ON OUR VACATION STARTING NEXT SATURDAY.:clap2:

:thumbup:have fun-be safe :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts