GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Baker Lower Trike Wings

I have them on my Hanniganized Goldwing 1800. I have ridden in the cold, hot, wet, and dry and think they live up to their advertising. I also have the Baker Foot Wings which attach to the engine guards underneath. They definately keep the rain from the front wheel and hot/cold air from coming up. Feet stay nice and dry riding in the rain.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have them on my Hanniganized Goldwing 1800. I have ridden in the cold, hot, wet, and dry and think they live up to their advertising. I also have the Baker Foot Wings which attach to the engine guards underneath. They definately keep the rain from the front wheel and hot/cold air from coming up. Feet stay nice and dry riding in the rain.
:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Bakers

Got umm, like ummm keeps the bugs and rock off the fenders as well as the above positive comments!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've had 2 sets of them and both sets had spider cracks after about 25000 miles on them pulled them off not sure if I'll try set 3

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I've had 2 sets of them and both sets had spider cracks after about 25000 miles on them pulled them off not sure if I'll try set 3
I have a friend that bought a set a couple wks. ago. He was moving his trike out the day after installing them and broke one. I had some black plexiglass so he brought his heat gun and we made a template off the old one. Made a replacement and it looks as good as the original. If you can find the mounting clamps they are simple to make and can save several dollars and probably have better material.

By the way, I do have them on my trike and they work well. Not nearly as many bugs on the rear fenders and wife says there is much less air on her legs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have them on an '06 gl1800 Hannigan trike and they are great. I agree with the above about the bugs etc...really helps keep the rear fenders cleaner. I bought the new generation ones since they were supposed to be more break resistant. I haven't had any trouble from mine. Ride safe!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Yes, I have all the Baker Wind Wings, mirrors, fairing and large trike leg(twice as wide as the regular wings) wings.
I wouldn't ride without them.
The lower trike wings keep the heat or cold off your feet/legs and also help to keep the stones, etc off your back fenders.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Have them on mine and they are full of bugs. Each bug there is one less on me or the fenders. Well worth the price. I've yet to try them in cold weather, but if they keep me warmer than double worth the price.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Work well in warm or cold temps. Wouldn't do without them.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I looked up Baker's ad on these...

and there was a 20 dollar difference between the two, even though same color so I asked why? The higher priced New Generation one is supposed to be anti-scratch and a better one than the standard acrylic fifty dollar one.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I now have the standard (smaller) lower wings, that replaced the "Trike" wings I originally had on there. The trike version just seemed too big and I was constantly bumping into them in the Trikes house. The smaller version works just as well for me, better really because they still block the turbulence for the passenger and keep the bugs off of the front, leading portion of the fenders, pushing the air and stuff out to the curved surface (I also have 3M stoneguard) but IMO look better, are easier to clean around, and I don't bump them anymore. The larger set really didn't perform much better and the little extra air that the smaller set lets by is welcome down here. I am also pretty sure my highway MPG's did improve a bit from forcing the air out and around the big Hannigan fenders. :yes1:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Install tip

use some small zip ties in the vacant upper inside holes, tighten them up to the crash bar and it stabilizes the wings, more confident than the "plastic clamps"!

·
SOB First Shirt
918 Posts
I think this is what happens when you tighten the fasteners too much. I have over 80K on mine with no problems. Mine can swivel just a touch. Just MHO.:shrug:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Has anyone tried these? They mount to the engine guards, made by Baker, $50. Do they work, worth it? Thanks, Tom. :doorag:

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/h15awupaaaa.html
YES, YES, YES to all three questions!

You've over-tightened the small screws. The wing has to be able to flex somewhat.

use some small zip ties in the vacant upper inside holes, tighten them up to the crash bar and it stabilizes the wings, more confident than the "plastic clamps"!
This has worked for me also. It allows you to NOT feel as if you've got to put the "tighten" when you attach the two mounting screws.

Ride safe,

Wayne

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have them and have no complaints. I'd buy them again if needed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts