GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone helpl me find the post about remodeling the lower air vents on the 1800. The one where the guy had put his heat troller in it. It looked real neat. I cant find it.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Willy Blue

·
Registered
19,049 Posts
I will agree they do nothing and it is wasted space

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think you mean this picture. Am i right?:p This is not my bike in the picture , I just liked the idea and saved it on my computer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone

that is just what I was talking about. A very neat install.
I wonder what the backing plate is made of and how was it installed?

Nice job everyone and thank you very much for your help.

Willy Blue:lol:

·
Registered
517 Posts
that is just what I was talking about. A very neat install.
I wonder what the backing plate is made of and how was it installed?

Nice job everyone and thank you very much for your help.

Willy Blue:lol:
that also gave me the same idea but I took the vents out and sent them to Road trip essentials. they are going to fit an ABS plate inside and color match the plate and vent surround to my bike Then I'll mount my heated gear plugs to the left side and switches for my driving lights in the right one. I also removed the inside air vents themselves - gave me some addition room back there

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
When we were working on my friends 04, I noticed that honda has rerouted the air ducts on (I would imagine) 2006-onwards to pass in front of the radiator exhaust flow.

The owners manual on my bike (08) claims that they are warm air ducts and it would appear that in a limited fashion, they are. My friends 04 had the ducts routed above the radiators, not in front of them so there wouldn't be any warm air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts