GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed my driving lights from EC and am putting all the pieces back together and I now find that when I took the lower cowl off I must had inadvertanly broke one of the top screws locations on the left side. I am now a bit ansi on how about going about this again without breaking any more pieces off the cowl with the lights now installed. Is there any tricks to installing this piece, like loosening the upper so the lower can fit under or do you have to do that? It's a little frustrating installing..
Thanks

Ps. Maybe it is just patience!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No tricks, just take your time and keep the frustration level low. They can be a real female dog sometimes.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
sdlyon5 said:
No tricks, just take your time and keep the frustration level low. They can be a real female dog sometimes.
As the quote above says ... "patience" ... I just changed out my coolant and I had to remove the lower cowl. I did loosen the black upper/inner cowl to get the tabs to release without breaking. What can be hard is aligning everything for the re-install. I found that inserting the lower left screw first helps until you can get the other screws/holes to align properly. Just remember, do not force anything or you could be forced to buy something that you broke! :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank-you..The right thing is patience and looking at the job again and again..the right thing to do is like you said loosen the two plugs on the upper cowl, this allows you to pull the plastic out a bit so the lower cowl can be dropped or inserted under the upper. That's the reason I probably broke one on the pieces of plastic when I took the lower off in the first place..

Thanks all..everything now installed..Ps. I did have 1 problem with one of the screws, particular on left..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts