GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Kuryakn lower cowl lights this week, and went to put the cowl back on, and found out that the lights don't line up properly.....they don't line up with the center of the holes in the cowl. Now there are some screws on the light housing to (slightly) adjust the aim of the lights, but you can't really just move the lights because they are held in place by three, non-adjustable screws. Both lights need to be pushed out farther, away from the bike. I did use the aiming screws to slightly turn the lights out, but that really didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
This is the second post today about these Kuryakn lower cowl lights not fitting correctly. I suggest returning them, and others who may be tempted to buy this same brand of light to look else where...

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
Put some washers / spacers behind the brackets where they mount on motor . I put bling lites on and used old led brackets - thats what i had to do . Now if those supposed to fit would call them n see what they say.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Installed the Kuryakn lower cowl lights this week, and went to put the cowl back on, and found out that the lights don't line up properly.....they don't line up with the center of the holes in the cowl. Now there are some screws on the light housing to (slightly) adjust the aim of the lights, but you can't really just move the lights because they are held in place by three, non-adjustable screws. Both lights need to be pushed out farther, away from the bike. I did use the aiming screws to slightly turn the lights out, but that really didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
If you cant shime them out , then return them. I have the Honda LED on my Gen II and they line up perfect, even with stock,f6b and gen I lower cowls ( yes I tried all three, settled on a gen I hydrographed). I shimed them out ( move them closer to the cowl, using flatted rubber sheet metal washers)

Hope that helps..

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Kurycrap !

Never liked and really don't see what people see in their stuff, it's all crap !

·
Registered
994 Posts
I've got the Kury's and they fit fine. Wondering if you've got them reversed side-to-side? Seem to remember one side of the bracket sticks out further than the other--that would make 'em angle the wrong way...:shrug:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I've got the Kury's and they fit fine. Wondering if you've got them reversed side-to-side? Seem to remember one side of the bracket sticks out further than the other--that would make 'em angle the wrong way...:shrug:
If they are mounted on the wrong side then the light will be upside down, ie. light bolt under the light rather than on top. Tried that and lights were high outside rather than low inside. Either way they don't come close to aligning in the cutout.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts