GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes they can just take out the two bolts in the front of the running boards and let them drop down. If you have the brackets that goes from the foot pegs to the running boards you will have to take them off.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Can the lower cowl be removed from csc that has the ground effects without taking them loose?
Yes they can just take out the two bolts in the front of the running boards and let them drop down. If you have the brackets that goes from the foot pegs to the running boards you will have to take them off.
I believe that would be "taking them loose" so the answer is no!

The real question is why do you need to remove the lower cowl?????

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Make sure you support the loosen ground effects to prevent damage! I would remove them to prevent a mistake moving around that portion of the bike, just me!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes you can I do it all the time. This way you don't have to take the wheels off.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Yes you can I do it all the time. This way you don't have to take the wheels off.
I'm confused by your answer. The ? was can I remove the cowl w/o taking the boards loose(as opposed to off, I believe).
The answer is no, you can not take the cowl off without loosening the boards as you have clearly stated or did I miss something here!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thank you . Yes the answer is no you can not take the cowl off just by loosening the boards. So you have to remove the boards or do as I have stated.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Thank you . Yes the answer is no you can not take the cowl off just by loosening the boards. So you have to remove the boards or do as I have stated.
Hey Rex, great seeing you in Nashville and getting to put a handshake on ya. That CSC of yours is sure looking good and I know you spend a lot of time with it keeping it looking sharp. It shows. If I ever end up with a CSC, you're my guy for getting the finer points on keeping it looking sharp and floor board care. Ride safe:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts