GL1800Riders Forums banner

Lower front (right) exhaust cover

680 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KB1957 
#1 ·
I am trying to remover the front lower right exhaust cover. The previous owner did not install the back clips properly (not in the slots). I removed the lower from cowl and the two nuts that hold the exhaust cover. All seems loose except the the area just below the engine. Are there any hidden bolts or clips?

#3 ·
Sometimes the studs for the nuts can hang the cover up some.. you just need to wiggle & pull, and it should come off.
There are 2 tabs on the back, one under the cylinders by the exhaust, and there is a 10mm (?) bolt in the front. You can't see it until you have the cowl off, then look in next to the exhaust headers..

I'll bet you didn't find the bolt yet?

=Dave=

#4 ·
Sometimes the studs for the nuts can hang the cover up some.. you just need to wiggle & pull, and it should come off.
There are 2 tabs on the back, one under the cylinders by the exhaust, and there is a 10mm (?) bolt in the front. You can't see it until you have the cowl off, then look in next to the exhaust headers..

I'll bet you didn't find the bolt yet?

=Dave=
Yep the 10 mm bolt!!! Real easy if you take all the fasteners off!!!! Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.