GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got myself, or rather my screws mixed up. There are 6 x 6mm bolts holding the upper middle and lower fairing on. 4 are short and 2 have longer shoulders. I can not see from the manual or the parts diagram where the two longer sholdered bolts go. They go between the lower and upper fairing but it just isn't obvious to me. TDo they go in the top off the lower cowl towards the center or on the black upper middle fairing portion.

I'd appreciate if someone could let me know.

thanks
Con Wieland

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I don't have a bike close but I think they went in the bottom holes. If you look close you will see that one set has to pass through an extra layer of plastic and that's the holes needing the longer shoulders.
DC

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
What DC said..... look at the holes for ones that have an extra layer of plastic sandwiched in there.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one set has to pass through an extra layer of plastic
That's what I thought, however, the top outside one goes through the upper fairing to a speednut on the bottom fairing portion. The other one (what I'm calling the inside goes through the lower fairing to a mount on the frame. Niether one goes through two pieces of tupperware. If someone could check for me I would really appreciate it!!!

Con Wieland
'01 illusion red

·
Registered
159 Posts
The 4 with the short collars go to the outside.The 2 with the longer collars go in the middle just above the timeing cover. Between the lower front cowl and the inner cowl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts